Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Revoked Airgun licence

You are a criminal now so don’t have to worry about anything, get yourself a 9mm lol

Stupid isn’t it.

It would appear to be a straight forward case of criminal damage,but given the circumstances you have my sympathy.

If you're a BASC member contact their legal department for sound advice.

I was blocked into my own drive once, so I called Plod and they said they couldn't actually move it (can't remember why now - a few years back) so if they can't smash windows then for sure we can't ( I bloody felt like it). Unless some kind of emergency, of course.

They did however knock on some some doors in the road and found the inconsiderate owner and told him a slight porky that he would be towed away if he didn't move it. It never happened again, luckily.

English law, so maybe slightly different.

I noted that you accepted the caution. Not always a good move that, but we do things like that when under pressure and emotional.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxmaniac View Post
    [I]Section 1 Criminal Damage Act 1971
    Section 5 paragraph 2 is the part that will save the day. As long as OP "honestly" believed his action was the right course of action and that the presence of a dropped kerb indicated he had a right to use that route to access his driveway. Doesn't matter if he was wrong, as long as he can stand in court and say he honestly believed he was right at the time. "For the purposes of this section it is immaterial whether a belief is justified or not if it is honestly held."

A car parked across our drive when I was a kid, when we had a delivery of cement due. Police TOLD us to break the smallest window, release the handbrake and push it out of the way.

A car parked completely blocking the pavement on a busy road 200 yards from a high school at kicking out time. A "troublecauser" walked right over the top of the car, then stood encouraging schoolkids to do the same as an alternative to walking in the busy road. He was eventually arrested after about a hundred kids had stomped across the roof of the car but he was not charged.

Shouldn't ever accept a caution from the police, shouldn't have anything to do with them to them at all, it never ends well.

Quote Originally Posted by rogb View Post
    I was blocked into my own drive once, so I called Plod and they said they couldn't actually move it (can't remember why now - a few years back) so if they can't smash windows then for sure we can't ( I bloody felt like it). Unless some kind of emergency, of course.

They did however knock on some some doors in the road and found the inconsiderate owner and told him a slight porky that he would be towed away if he didn't move it. It never happened again, luckily.

English law, so maybe slightly different.

I noted that you accepted the caution. Not always a good move that, but we do things like that when under pressure and emotional.

Yes! Scottish law IS different. Apart from anything else, there is no such thing as a Caution under Scottish law and the broadly equivalent Adult Formal Warning can only be given and accepted in writing! I know you all mean well, but please, please everyone stop guessing and in particular stop giving advice you are simply not qualified to give. The only advice I AM qualified to give is, Shocker, speak to BASC or whatever association you belong to and/or to a lawyer.

Again, good luck.

Alan

Why BASC? The airgun licence is the secondary issue here. It's his defence against criminal damage that is the primary issue.

He needs a criminal defence solicitor, not someone from the pigeon and pest club. You wouldn't phone the milkman if your house caught fire, would you?

Let BASC know what is going on once the primary issue is resolved.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Anothermiss View Post
    Why BASC? The airgun licence is the secondary issue here. It's his defence against criminal damage that is the primary issue.

He needs a criminal defence solicitor, not someone from the pigeon and pest club. You wouldn't phone the milkman if your house caught fire, would you?

I suspect the consequence the OP fears most from this is the loss of his license.
    Good deals with these members

I feel for you.
    The wheels of justice turn slowly.
    I would not at this time accept a caution.
    I would pay to have the window replaced. Pay the window company getting the receipt with the registration number on.
    Hope it all goes well.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Quote Originally Posted by Anothermiss View Post

Because BASC have criminal defense solicitors on their books. One of the members of one of my clubs is one of those exact people. So their advice would be valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post
    It would appear to be a straight forward case of criminal damage,but given the circumstances you have my sympathy.

If you're a BASC member contact their legal department for sound advice.
    Yeah same here .Pretty tough on the coppers as well. Bell end blocks OPs driveway.Bell end gets what He deserves and police have to nick victim.Must really grind their gears