Thread: Converting a crosman ratty 2250 AirSource to single co2

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia

Converting a crosman ratty 2250 AirSource to single co2

I seem to have come into possession of the above gun. Needs a reseal, but I've quickly realised that whilst I like the metal breach, I prefer just a regular 12g CO2 cart for the occasional use the kids will have with it.

Seems to me that all I need to switch back is a regular valve with piercing pin, and the end cap with the short extension ? I know there are minor stock changes, but that's just cosmetics. Am I right, or am I missing something ? Does the valve port hole in the side of the cylinder cause a sealing problem ? I doubt it as the cylinder itself is not pressurised - the co2 cart just seals against the valve face...?

Thanks in advance,

JB
    Last edited by Shed tuner; 25-03-2019 at 09:38 PM.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

..or I could get a convertor for £12 from Taiwan fleabay..
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

kings are always in demand even though they can be leaky blighters and some can be a pita to seal
    rather than alter yours sell it/trade it for an xl or a 2250 of similar spec
    if you do want to convert it you need
    2250 co2 cap or add a rod to yours
    2250 main tube with breech screw tapped to suit the king or live with a hole in the side of the tube
    std 22xx rear tube cap
    2250 valve or just swap the front on the king one to a std 2250- one
    that's all that needs swapping

thanks ped... good to know it's just the front half of the valve that's different too...

The rest is as expected, so that's cool...

Cheers - JB

Hi

just think you need one of these >

https://www.bestfittings.co.uk/produ...2g-converters/

as previous poster said,a lot cheaper on the bay,around £7 mark.
    192533340157 or 323196971423

HIH
    Pete
    Last edited by PALADIN; 26-03-2019 at 12:43 AM.
    ULTIMATE KING RATTY ::.22 SMK QB78DL HYBRID::+QB78 D/L .25 Cal ::850 AIRMAGNUM::PISTOLS- :22 Cal Weihrauch HW80K Tactical::RAM 68 :-)

Just repaired a Umarex Winchester rifle that takes the 88grm CO2 cylinder. The owner had bought a Walther 2x12 grm converter for it. I was very impressed with quality of this converter, you can use either one or two 12grm capsules, and of course you can unscrew it at any stage without losing any remaining gas.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

you'll also need to fit a std valve stem with a piercer

you'll also need to fit a std valve stem with a piercer

Shed Tuner, you have mail 🙂

I think I’ve got exactly what you need - and it’ll be FOC to !

Norm

Hi Shed Tuner, I think these are pretty much what you need.

Maybe someone could confirm this please !

From left to right there’s the holder for the 12g Co2 bulb, then the piercing bit, then a on/off valve. The on off valve isn’t needed but it’s nice to be able to turn off the Co2 and remove it without loosing gas.

The brass fitting goes into the on/off valve and allows the big 88g bottle to screw into it instead.

This is with the bits screwed together, the on/off valve then screws in where the 88g one normally would.

Just PM me if you want them ( all FOC )

Norm

Update.....

Looking at the best fittings adaptor I’m not sure my bits have the right thread on them to screw into the gun which is odd as they were what I used originally

Maybe Paladin or Ped could clarify if these will be any good to you.

Sorry for the confusion.

Norm

thanks everyone, appreciate the input.
    Norm, PM'd back - very kind, thanks.

Defo thinking that the adapter is going to be much easier and cheaper than converting the ratty itself !

you would need to use a asa to airgun adapter to fit it to a king(opposite to the brass adapter)

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    you would need to use a asa to airgun adapter to fit it to a king(opposite to the brass adapter)
    Hi ped, I must have mislaid that bit , I’ve had a good look and they’re all the bits I can find, still Shed Tuners going to have them and give it a go, possibly making or buying an adaptor ( there’s probably a few talented folks on here could make one up as well ! )

My King Ratty is full on air now with a converted BSA 280cc bottle, and a LIPS regulator that converts the bottle air at 2000psi down to 850psi
    The regulator conveniently has a daystate type fill port built in as well as a bottle pressure gauge and my homemade adaptor at the back of the gun has a small pressure gauge as well. Raised cheek piece, 20” barrel with wiehrauch silencer, longer pellet probe and a magnetic trigger release complete the set up !!

Spent way more than it’s worth but it shoots beautifully, gives 80 shots at 11.3ftlbs with 7fps variation and is really quiet. That’s what airgun tinkering is all about though

Cheers,

Norm

king rats are one of my favourites i'll be honest and when fettled are very good guns