Thread: Back in the club!

Back in the club!

I have been shooting Air Guns on and off for the last 60 years Lol.
    I started out with a Gat Pistol then on to Bsa Meteor and Webley mk 3, then a gap of 10 years when I bought a HW 80 and FWB 127 sport which was followed by Spanish Setra pump up.
    Then another gap till I got in to the PCPs with a S400 and Lovely regged BSA 10 in .22.
    Then another pause till I retired and went over the top with pretty much every rifle on offer, ranging from HW 100, Daystate mk 3 ft , Daystate Panther , Evo 3 and a Steyr 110.
    Them my daughter got the Karting bug and I sold the lot to help finance her racing.
    But I did keep one rifle back , A lovely 97kt thumbhole in ,22 to keep my hand in !
    Sadly just lately a old shoulder injury as really been playing up making the cocking of the 97 to much, So decided to get a cheap PCP for a bit of fun with out spending a fortune.
    I wanted a proper traditional multi shot rifle in 177 and looking in Gunstar I found a really nice BSA Gold star with a Pepper stock complete with Scope and silencer for a very reasonable price.
    It was immaculate condition and i had kept loads of different pellets so testing began.
    I have never cleaned a barrel on a airgun ever but looking down the barrel on the Goldy it did look a bit dull, Luckily years ago I managed to get some Crosman Premier in Boxes of 1200 from Ramsbottoms.
    These used to be highly sort after at one-time.a the go to pellet of choice .

Being made of a really hard lead content they have brought the barrel up to a lovely shine and it is now spot on in accuracy.
    I have put loads of different pellets thru it from Bisley mags down to JSBs express RS at 7.33.
    One thing I have noticed is whether BSA have a different twist on the rifling is that it shoots with a incredible flat tragectory and hardly effected by the wind which no other air rifle as been able to .
    Also the reg works perfectly with a 5 FPS deviation from 232 bar down till 100
    Having now bought a Compressor and 4 ltd bottle I am now set up to enjoy myself!

peterd8877 is offline Anschutz connoisseur and marksman
    Enjoy!

You seem to enjoy the setting up and fiddling as much as the shooting.

This is normal, have a good one young man. ;-D
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B View Post
    You seem to enjoy the setting up and fiddling as much as the shooting.

This is normal, have a good one young man. ;-D
    Phil trouble is in the past the fiddling become to much of a obsession ! Leading to long nights in my work shop!
    So now I am determined not even to go near the toolbox !! Lol.

Haha, good luck with that!
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

Welcome back and enjoy.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!