Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Anyone Help with Makarov Research?

Can Anyone Help with Makarov Research?

I wonder if any of you have a Makarov manual that has been signed off with the surname Korolev?

If you do, I'd appreciate further details such as the date prefix on the pistol/manual.

Also, would anyone have for sale a 2012/13 smaller framed PM with machined slide and extractor slot either for sale or examination?

EDIT: 2012/13 model now sourced. I'm now after a Makarov made between 2005 and 2010, with the hard black plastic grips. Blued finish preferred with box and accessories.

Long shot I know but on the basis members on here often come up trumps, I have to ask...

John M
    Last edited by Josie & John; 01-05-2019 at 07:16 PM.

Makarov

Hi John, I know it's an old post, but I do have a 2012 PM framed Mak with machined slide and ejector slot if you need one to examine. I'm in Kent, but visit Protek often. Regards John.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

Quote Originally Posted by Joncaddy View Post
    Hi John, I know it's an old post, but I do have a 2012 PM framed Mak with machined slide and ejector slot if you need one to examine. I'm in Kent, but visit Protek often. Regards John.
    Hi John,

That is most kind of you. Since posting, a 2012 PM frame Makarov with the extractor slot has found its way into my collection. Coincidentally I picked it up at Protek last week, who were kind enough to take delivery of the pistol for me. Vic also showed me his 1999 PMM frame model that also has an extra slot for the extractor. The Makarov story is a fascinating one and I'm really looking forward to sharing my findings through my regular column.

Thanks again for replying with your kind offer.

Kind regards,

John

Makarov

No problem John. I've bought a few Maks from Vic in the past. Including a 99 and the 2012 you were looking for. Got to say the big differences that folk talk about, the cast vs machined frame etc really don't make any difference to the pistol build or function. They're all so much better made than any other "replica" air pistol it's laughable. In fact they're not really a replica, more of a real handgun that's adapted to use Co2 and fire BBs. Look forward to seeing your article, sure it will be interesting. John. You
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

Quote Originally Posted by Joncaddy View Post
    No problem John. I've bought a few Maks from Vic in the past. Including a 99 and the 2012 you were looking for. Got to say the big differences that folk talk about, the cast vs machined frame etc really don't make any difference to the pistol build or function. They're all so much better made than any other "replica" air pistol it's laughable. In fact they're not really a replica, more of a real handgun that's adapted to use Co2 and fire BBs. Look forward to seeing your article, sure it will be interesting. John. You
    Hi John,

You have hit the nail on the head and after examining pistols made over the last 20 years, I completely agree with you. No matter which Mak you buy, it will be very well made and from firearms grade materials. I also don't buy into the cast/machined slide theories, as I believe slides are all made from forgings. Some parts are cast but an engineer at the club examined a Mak slide and said it would have been too intricate a part to cast. He's a lot cleverer than me on such matters!

Kind regards,

John

EDIT to original post: 2012/13 model now sourced. I'm now after a Makarov made between 2005 and 2010, with the hard black plastic grips. Blued finish preferred with box and accessories.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I wonder if any of you have a Makarov manual that has been signed off with the surname Korolev?

If you do, I'd appreciate further details such as the date prefix on the pistol/manual.

Also, would anyone have for sale a 2012/13 smaller framed PM with machined slide and extractor slot either for sale or examination?

EDIT: 2012/13 model now sourced. I'm now after a Makarov made between 2005 and 2010, with the hard black plastic grips. Blued finish preferred with box and accessories.

Long shot I know but on the basis members on here often come up trumps, I have to ask...

John M
    Hello John,

Any idea when your article will be going out? I would be especially interested in this.

Just a previous Mak owner, stupidly and unfathomably sold a few years ago. Now hankering after another....

They are a bit of an enigma.

Cheers,

Tim

CannonFodder is offline Brown envelope round the back Squire...
    EDIT to original post: 2012/13 model now sourced. I'm now after a Makarov made between 2005 and 2010, with the hard black plastic grips. Blued finish preferred with box and accessories.

John
    I think I have what you're after, but someone has removed the date from the box.

It has the original box, tool, seal pack and unopened bb pack, can send you pictures if you're interested?

Quote Originally Posted by TRS1 View Post
    Hello John,

Any idea when your article will be going out? I would be especially interested in this.

Just a previous Mak owner, stupidly and unfathomably sold a few years ago. Now hankering after another....

They are a bit of an enigma.

Cheers,

Tim
    Hi Tim,

I too stupidly sold a 2002 Mak some years ago but happily have replaced it with several others. Part 1 on the early PMM framed pistols is in the current issue with part 2 following in the Summer issue, a copy of which landed on my doormat yesterday. There's so much to the Makarov story that I've prepared 5 parts in total as I also want to cover the kind of mods that are popular in Russia/Germany as well as basic differences from a collector's perspective. I hope you'll find it of interest.

Kind regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    I think I have what you're after, but someone has removed the date from the box.

It has the original box, tool, seal pack and unopened bb pack, can send you pictures if you're interested?
    Thanks for getting in touch - yes please to pics, to the addy in our profile.

Kind regards,

John

Hi Tim,

I too stupidly sold a 2002 Mak some years ago but happily have replaced it with several others. Part 1 on the early PMM framed pistols is in the current issue with part 2 following in the Summer issue, a copy of which landed on my doormat yesterday. There's so much to the Makarov story that I've prepared 5 parts in total as I also want to cover the kind of mods that are popular in Russia/Germany as well as basic differences from a collector's perspective. I hope you'll find it of interest.

Kind regards,

John
    Thanks John, I will get my wife to try and pick me up a copy in town today - look forward to it!

Thanks for the reply - sounds really interesting! I sense expenditure coming on!

I see that your location is Blazingsmoke - before we headed back west in 2010 we had a very happy 5 years living in Hatch Warren. We made some very good friends and still visit every few months.

Have a good weekend,

Tim

Thanks John, I will get my wife to try and pick me up a copy in town today - look forward to it!

Thanks for the reply - sounds really interesting! I sense expenditure coming on!

I see that your location is Blazingsmoke - before we headed back west in 2010 we had a very happy 5 years living in Hatch Warren. We made some very good friends and still visit every few months.

Have a good weekend,

Tim
    Hi Tim,

That's just a stone's throw away from our airgun club near to where I work.

Let me know if you can't track an issue down and I'll scan a copy of the 1st part for you.

Kind regards,

John

Hi Tim,

That's just a stone's throw away from our airgun club near to where I work.

Let me know if you can't track an issue down and I'll scan a copy of the 1st part for you.

Kind regards,

John
    That's very good of you John, thank you. There is one newsagents in our town that usually stocks AGW, but not in huge numbers so you have to be quick!

I think I found out about the club whilst we were in the process of moving! Sods law! Would have been great to have something so close!

My wife taught in town, whereas I commuted to the 'bright lights' of Reading...

All the best,

Tim

Hi Tim,

Kind regards,

John
    Hi John,

I managed to get hold of a copy of AGW thank you, really enjoyed your article - looking forward to the rest! A lot of the info about Baikal Mak's online is so sporadic and spread out (and some of it possibly duff!) it will be great a reference all in one place.

All the best,
    Tim

Hi John,

I managed to get hold of a copy of AGW thank you, really enjoyed your article - looking forward to the rest! A lot of the info about Baikal Mak's online is so sporadic and spread out (and some of it possibly duff!) it will be great a reference all in one place.

All the best,
    Tim
    Glad you found a copy Tim.

Kind regards,

John