Quote Originally Posted by Joncaddy View Post
No problem John. I've bought a few Maks from Vic in the past. Including a 99 and the 2012 you were looking for. Got to say the big differences that folk talk about, the cast vs machined frame etc really don't make any difference to the pistol build or function. They're all so much better made than any other "replica" air pistol it's laughable. In fact they're not really a replica, more of a real handgun that's adapted to use Co2 and fire BBs. Look forward to seeing your article, sure it will be interesting. John. You
Hi John,

You have hit the nail on the head and after examining pistols made over the last 20 years, I completely agree with you. No matter which Mak you buy, it will be very well made and from firearms grade materials. I also don't buy into the cast/machined slide theories, as I believe slides are all made from forgings. Some parts are cast but an engineer at the club examined a Mak slide and said it would have been too intricate a part to cast. He's a lot cleverer than me on such matters!

Kind regards,

John