Thread: Webley Eclipse trigger

Webley Eclipse trigger

Need some help with the re-assembly of a Webley Eclipse trigger. I have fitted a new main spring now the gun won't stay "cocked" the safety pops out like before but that's it. I can set the trigger by hand ok and it works as it should but the piston is not being held in the compressed state.
    I’ve tried to find a diagram of the trigger unit but can only find a parts list type drawing, I need one on how to assemble the unit from scratch.
    Hopefully one of you experienced springer shooters can help.
    Many thanks
    Phil.

Hi
    I have sent a copy of the manual to your e mail address. Hopefully it will help.
    In the meantime make sure the rifle is not coil bound as I note you fitted a new main spring. Check number of coils and wire guage against the original spring to make sure your new one is not offering a greater compressed length. After market springs, particularly of the Titan variety often need to be reduced in length by a few coils to both make them fit and to ensure you do not end up with a rifle that is over 12.
    Cheers, Phil

Hi Phil

I have received the Webley Eclipse manual ok, thanks very much
    I have counted the number of coils on the old spring and the new one is the same it's just a little bit shorter due to age. I bought a "standard" spring from John Knibbs so it should be the right one.
    I'm going to check the assembly of the trigger again just to make sure it's correct.
    Once again many thanks.

Phil

Angry

Well i've had enough for today, its got me beat ......try again tomorrow.

Re fit the old spring and see if it cocks, i done a strip down and rebuild of this rifle in Feb/March 2014 Airgun Shooter this also told you how to rebuild the trigger.
    .22 Venom Mach 1 (FAC) 6-25x56 Millett.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Thumbhole 6.5-20x40 Leupold EFR.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Sporter 4-12x40 Leupold.
    .177 Venom Vantage 4-16x50.
    .177 Venom Daystate 8-32x56 AGS.
    .22 Venom Datstate 4-16x56 AGS.
    .22 Webley Venom FX2000 6-18x40 Busnel Legend.
    .177 Titan MPT by Steve Pope 6-24x40 Tasco.
    .177 Pro-Sport 4-16x50.
    .22 Webley FX2000 3-9x33 Leupold EFR.
    .177 Logan Solo 4-16x50.
    .22 HW90 (spring powered) 4-16x50
    .22 Gamo Stutzen.
    .177 Walther lever action.

Hi Venoman,
    Any chance of a copy of the article you wrote, especially interested in any photos or diagrams. Since disassembling the trigger again I'm having difficulty deciding where the trigger return spring locates? I can’t decide where it anchors?
    Thanks
    Phil

Eclipse trigger

These photos may help

Eclipse

The trigger return spring just hooks around the back of the housing

Regards,

Steve

A big thank you to all those who provided me with information and pictures of the trigger unit, the rifle is now working again

Best regards

Phil.

Very pleased you sorted it,
    Cheers, Phil

It will be much easier next time !!

All the best

Steve

Webley Eclipse trigger assembly

Hi Phil Russell, I've noticed that you seem to have the ideal re-assembly instructions for the Eclipse judging by the response from phil? Could you please forward the same instructions to me because I have the same problem; Eclipse trigger all in bits and no way of re-assembling it!
    Tony Clements, new forum member as of today! (tonyandcarol@clements.net)

Webley eclipse trigger. I have the same problem! Tony Clements, pleese help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Hi
    I have sent a copy of the manual to your e mail address. Hopefully it will help.
    In the meantime make sure the rifle is not coil bound as I note you fitted a new main spring. Check number of coils and wire guage against the original spring to make sure your new one is not offering a greater compressed length. After market springs, particularly of the Titan variety often need to be reduced in length by a few coils to both make them fit and to ensure you do not end up with a rifle that is over 12.
    Cheers, Phil
    My name is Tony Clements, I'm a new member and I am currently looking at four major bits, two or three springs and 5 pins with securing clips. It seems that your manual might help to sort my problem?
    Your help would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers, Tony C

Webley eclipse trigger. I have the same problem! Tony Clements, pleese help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Hi
    Cheers, Phil
    My name is Tony Clements, I'm a new member and I am currently looking at four major bits, two or three springs and 5 pins with securing clips. It seems that your manual might help to sort my problem?
    Your help would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers, Tony C