Thread: Schofield 3 CO2 revolver,6mm

Schofield 3 CO2 revolver,6mm

Has anyone changed a 6mm barrel for a 4.5mm one?;-)

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by cinedux View Post
    Has anyone changed a 6mm barrel for a 4.5mm one?;-)
    I wouldn't bother, as given that the 6mm valve only allows less that 0.5ft.lb (and that is being generous) to propel a plastic BB, and all (that I know of, but am happy to be corrected) 4.5mm/.177 BBs are steel, the mechanics present on a 6mm soft air variant will scarcely generate enough power to get a steel BB to the end of the barrel -- let alone reach a 10m target -- so given the cost of the replacement barrel (if you could source one), the cost of the replacement shells, and the cost of re-valuing the power release, I wager it would be far cheaper to just sell your 6mm version then purchase a .177 model instead?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    I wouldn't bother, as given that the 6mm valve only allows less that 0.5ft.lb (and that is being generous) to propel a plastic BB, and all (that I know of, but am happy to be corrected) 4.5mm/.177 BBs are steel, the mechanics present on a 6mm soft air variant will scarcely generate enough power to get a steel BB to the end of the barrel -- let alone reach a 10m target -- so given the cost of the replacement barrel (if you could source one), the cost of the replacement shells, and the cost of re-valuing the power release, I wager it would be far cheaper to just sell your 6mm version then purchase a .177 model instead?
    Just wondered.I've only seen pics of this gun.The .177 ones would be prohibited imports here. Regards,trev

I know of someone who fitted a rifled barrel to a single action 45 bb version
    the machining didn't look too hard providing you had a lathe
    regarding power I would assume the valve may have a volume reducer in to limit it and again wouldn't be too hard to sort

Quote Originally Posted by cinedux View Post
    Just wondered.I've only seen pics of this gun.The .177 ones would be prohibited imports here. Regards,trev
    WTF?
    As we say in Dorset.

Obviously your gun laws defy logic.
    As shown by recent tragic event.

6mm BB gun

I have a 6mm Dan Wesson revolver which powders plastic BBs at 10 metres. The cartridges for airsoft use have a brass insert to reduce the flow of CO2 gas to the ammo.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi
    Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post

I have a 6mm Dan Wesson revolver which powders plastic BBs at 10 metres. The cartridges for airsoft use have a brass insert to reduce the flow of CO2 gas to the ammo.
    Yes, you may do, as indeed do I, but as I said, without changing the gas release valve mechanism et al, as it is, the re-barrelled 6mm plastic BB firing Schofield in question would be hard pushed to propel a steel .177 BB (the topic, here), much further than the end of the barrel (lol).

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Schofield revolver

I must admit that I'm not familiar with the Schofield range of pistols. Is the 6mm version sold as an airgun or for airsoft use.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

That's an interesting comment.

Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post

Must try some Webley .177 shells in a 6mm Schofield