Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kempton Show Highlights

Danny, did they ever release the early model 6 with the tapered barrel supplied on the early model 5 ? (lower model below)

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Thanks John. I think the box was designed for this pistol, since the green cutout fits better:

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....l-6/#post-2287

but I've no reason to think this Kempton one wasn't sold in that box. Very interesting that it has no markings, neither the Diana inscription on the cylinder or a serial number. The extra diameter 'muzzle weight' under the front sight has also been seen on other very early woodstock mod 6s. It was phased out on the later ones.
    There was a seller on egun that had acquired all of Diana’s showroom cutaways and prototypes from the Rastatt factory when it closed down.
    He bought it as a massive job lot and was gradually selling them all off on egun. (Diana verified this when I was researching my cutaway mod 6)

He had a lot of mod 6’s and 5’s with various early wood grips and tapered barrels.

Although he was selling them as Diana’s a lot of them didn’t have any markings at all.

Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Danny, did they ever release the early model 6 with the tapered barrel supplied on the early model 5 ? (lower model below)

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    They did, Baz. I suppose a parallel-sided barrel was cheaper so they settled on that in the end.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

That really looks elegant. I have never seen one at any show, must be rare. Did not buy much at Kempston, but sold all I took there. Just had to have this little Tell to join my others, I have never seen a plated one, not sure if the factory did them. This one had a few faults, would not cock, but repaired it today and fitted PU back seal. Funny, I have had a couple in with the same fault, the back end of piston hits the two locking lugs in barrel cap, had to remove just over a mil. Can't understand how this fault can develop over time. Still not managed to find one that beats one of mine that does 265 fps with Geco pellets.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Just had to have this little Tell to join my others, I have never seen a plated one, not sure if the factory did them.

Baz
    Yes, nickel plated Tell 2's were advertised as an option, at a premium of course,and they are very rare (at least in the UK). A great buy!

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Thumbs up

Thanks for posting the photos John... I really like the book 'case' that's a neat idea and something I'd like to have a go at myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    Yes, nickel plated Tell 2's were advertised as an option, at a premium of course,and they are very rare (at least in the UK). A great buy!
    Thanks, thats good news, paid £100 which I was happy with, there were a couple of blued ones there at higher prices. Also bought spare Webley grips, you can never have too many !

Baz

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Thanks, thats good news, paid £100 which I was happy with, there were a couple of blued ones there at higher prices. Also bought spare Webley grips, you can never have too many !

Baz
    Hi Baz, a nice buy that, l have not seen a plated one before. l would have bought it if l had seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Yes indeed, less than half a mile away is both Premier Inn and Travel Lodge, double rooms were booked a week in advance for £35 at the later.
    On the web site it says the Fair is on

Sunday 30th June, 2019

Sunday 29th September, 2019

Sunday 8th December, 2019
    Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by pigsy View Post
    On the web site it says the Fair is on

Sunday 30th June, 2019

Sunday 29th September, 2019

Sunday 8th December, 2019
    Is this correct?
    Yes indeed

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Thanks for posting the photos John... I really like the book 'case' that's a neat idea and something I'd like to have a go at myself.
    I admit I like that one too. The Russian CO2 pistol currently in the case is a little too small for it and a 1911 sized frame would probably fit better. It was being sold by a fellow club member and I almost made an offer...

John

Big thnx to the Binners for yet another marvelous event! found a couple of affordable rifles and pistols that have been on the list for a long time! With special thnx to Steve, Mick and others who sold me these, up to the next...

Barrow Bury St Edmunds duck hunting central

Kempton

I did Airbnb (£19) Hounslow but the double room Travelodge sounds good! I will try that next time, thanks for heads up
    When your world is full of strange arrangements

And gravity won't pull you through