Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kempton Show Highlights

Quote Originally Posted by Brickhill View Post
    Thank you for posting the pictures.
    I'll try and come down for the next one. Is there a hotel close by i could use for an overnighter?
    Yes there is - just over the road. Binners should have details and I'm sure will share as soon as he can.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Brickhill View Post
    Thank you for posting the pictures.
    I'll try and come down for the next one. Is there a hotel close by i could use for an overnighter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Yes there is - just over the road. Binners should have details and I'm sure will share as soon as he can.

John

Yes indeed, less than half a mile away is both Premier Inn and Travel Lodge, double rooms were booked a week in advance for £35 at the later.

Once again, a huge thank you to Binners, Liz and the team for putting on such a fine event.

This felt like the biggest fair yet and the show was packed with traders, a mind blowing array of old and not so old guns and collectors. It was great to have a chat with so many like minded enthusiasts. What more could a humble anorak ask for?

I took a few snaps and below are a few highlights. Keep your eyes peeled on Airgun World as a rather special item from the show will make an appearance in the near future....

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EkzjxvYWHsLGuqYa6

Kind regards,

John
    Hello John,

Thanks for taking and posting the pictures which hopefully provide some consolation to those unable to attend. I missed the last two fairs, and as you say this one seemed bigger and busier with a wider range of non-airgun related tables. It goes without saying that we wouldn't have this tremendously exciting fair without the effort and dedication of Pete, Liz and the whole Kempton team who manage things so well.

Look forward to hearing more about your mystery purchase when you get the chance to publish and share the story.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello John,

Look forward to hearing more about your mystery purchase when you get the chance to publish and share the story.

Brian
    Hi Brian,

Sadly not my purchase but just on loan. Nevertheless it will hopefully make an interesting article once I have completed testing.

Kind regards,

John

My only problem with these shows is that I need to be younger.

So knackered after a good day selling and chatting that I fell asleep and missed the last episode of Baptiste!

Also bought a couple of nice toys!

Thanks Pete Liz et al.

[QUOTE=Josie & John;7665044]Hi Brian,

Sadly not my purchase but just on loan. Nevertheless it will hopefully make an interesting article once I have completed testing.

Kind regards,

Apologies John, you did mention it was on temporary loan. Although I already have a nice Series 7 Titan air pistol, I was tempted by the one in your photograph which as far as I could tell was in its original box.

Brian

[QUOTE=Abasmajor;7665059]
    Hi Brian,

Kind regards,

Apologies John, you did mention it was on temporary loan. Although I already have a nice Series 7 Titan air pistol, I was tempted by the one in your photograph which as far as I could tell was in its original box.

Brian
    First one I had ever seen in a box Brian and must admit to being tempted too. Trouble is with my hoarding instinct, I would then have embarked on a quest for all known Titan variants, so kept temptation at bay on this occasion.

Kind regards,

John

Thanks for posting those pics John. Several beauties in there and I await your AGW article with anticipation!

Very interesting Diana mod 6 woodstock pistol. It's a strange one - it is in a rare 1st pattern box and seems to have a 1st pattern front sight, but the wood grip appears to be dark stained beech with a Diana badge, like the first mod 5s, rather than the 'usual' lighter walnut with a blank area where the badge is on these early mod 6s.

I think that red instruction booklet in the box may be a 1970s one, or at least has the same cover design as the later ones.

But several of these mod 6 woodstocks have turned up with anomalous features, so no reason to think funny business.

Could you email me higher res pics of this pistol if you have them, please?

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by where's it gone View Post
    Purely in jest with no offense to any, but the picture with the clock in looks like a waiting room for sperm donor's, no women.
    I thought the same although there were a few ladies there. Only a few though.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Thanks for posting those pics John. Several beauties in there and I await your AGW article with anticipation!

Very interesting Diana mod 6 woodstock pistol. It's a strange one - it is in a rare 1st pattern box and seems to have a 1st pattern front sight, but the wood grip appears to be dark stained beech with a Diana badge, like the first mod 5s, rather than the 'usual' lighter walnut with a blank area where the badge is on these early mod 6s.

I think that red instruction booklet in the box may be a 1970s one, or at least has the same cover design as the later ones.

But several of these mod 6 woodstocks have turned up with anomalous features, so no reason to think funny business.

Could you email me higher res pics of this pistol if you have them, please?

Hi Danny,

The owner showed me the pistol and it was unmarked other than the Diana name on the one piece wooden grip. I was told it dates from 1960 but am no expert on these pistols. It looked to be in very fine condition with just a few minor handling marks.

Kind regards,

John

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    My only problem with these shows is that I need to be younger.

So knackered after a good day selling and chatting that I fell asleep and missed the last episode of Baptiste!

Also bought a couple of nice toys!

Thanks Pete Liz et al.
    l recorded it, because l though l might do the same and fall asleep. l will watch it tonight.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Many thanks to Pete and Liz and their crew for another great fair. l managed to downsize some more of my collection. but l picked up a nice Colt and a French flintlock pistol which is the way l seem to be going. but l still do like my airguns.

Hi Danny,

The owner showed me the pistol and it was unmarked other than the Diana name on the one piece wooden grip. I was told it dates from 1960 but am no expert on these pistols. It looked to be in very fine condition with just a few minor handling marks.

Kind regards,

John
    Thanks John. I think the box was designed for this pistol, since the green cutout fits better:

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....l-6/#post-2287

but I've no reason to think this Kempton one wasn't sold in that box. Very interesting that it has no markings, neither the Diana inscription on the cylinder or a serial number. The extra diameter 'muzzle weight' under the front sight has also been seen on other very early woodstock mod 6s. It was phased out on the later ones.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Kempton

Well done Mr and Mrs Binners, every show is better than the last and long may it carry on , cheers Pete.

Rgds Kev

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Yes indeed, less than half a mile away is both Premier Inn and Travel Lodge, double rooms were booked a week in advance for £35 at the later.
    Many thanks. Perfect !