Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quiet pistol?

can you still get Baikal. blinking good pistol in my time.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Sound of silence

Quote Originally Posted by max headroom View Post
    can you still get Baikal. blinking good pistol in my time.
    The Baikal M46 match pistol is pretty quiet. I think they are still made, though not easy to get. Much quieter than a FWB 102, though less powerful. Which begs the question of how much power do you need ? M46-460 fps / FWB- 510 fps.

Don't rule out .22" for a plinking pistol. A nice .22" flat head from a pistol make a very satisfying whack when used against bean cans and other plinking targets
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Whackiting

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Don't rule out .22" for a plinking pistol. A nice .22" flat head from a pistol make a very satisfying whack when used against bean cans and other plinking targets
    Totally......Although I'd say air pistols in .22 cal. are maybe 10-15 percent of the market. I like them in part because the ammo is easier to handle. I like .22 also because it is usually superior for pest plinking, giving it added utility. Talk about whack........the Hatsan 130 Vortex break barrel rifle is a superwhacker..... .30 cal.at about 600 fps. that's with a 45gn. lead pellet...translates to almost 34 ft. lbs.....surprisingly quiet too. I gots one.......I like it. about $250 US..

Quote Originally Posted by Markmelesky View Post
    Totally......Although I'd say air pistols in .22 cal. are maybe 10-15 percent of the market. I like them in part because the ammo is easier to handle. I like .22 also because it is usually superior for pest plinking, giving it added utility. Talk about whack........the Hatsan 130 Vortex break barrel rifle is a superwhacker..... .30 cal.at about 600 fps. that's with a 45gn. lead pellet...translates to almost 34 ft. lbs.....surprisingly quiet too. I gots one.......I like it. about $250 US..
    Southfield Michigan, right?

Seconded

Personally find .22 much more satisfying for plinking cans etc, even in relatively low power pistols. Even 2-3 ft lb is fine out to 20 yards with a bit of holdover. My favourite is chasing a coke can down the garden path with my .22 tempest - amazingly satisfying when you get your eye in. Best tip is to aim for the top or base of the can to really send it flying Not very quiet though which may defeat the object for the OP...

Meechigan

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Southfield Michigan, right?
    Yes...Well...actually Lathrup Village...It lies within Southfield....It's tiny ,about 4k peoples.

Whackiting

Quote Originally Posted by Plink all day View Post
    Personally find .22 much more satisfying for plinking cans etc, even in relatively low power pistols. Even 2-3 ft lb is fine out to 20 yards with a bit of holdover. My favourite is chasing a coke can down the garden path with my .22 tempest - amazingly satisfying when you get your eye in. Best tip is to aim for the top or base of the can to really send it flying Not very quiet though which may defeat the object for the OP...
    Yep ....Nothing like a good whack. One of my favs are those small water bottles, hanging from a wire from about 22 yards. my upstairs window A good bit of the sound is contained within the room. 365 days a year, rain or shine. Old xmas ornaments aren't bad either.

The club had a big juice carton hung up on the plinking range the other week. A .22" flat head fired from my HW45 made a very satisfying noise on impact
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Thumbs up

The club had a big juice carton hung up on the plinking range the other week. A .22" flat head fired from my HW45 made a very satisfying noise on impact
    Yeah... like when you hit the ball on the sweet spot in baseball or golf. Hard to describe. Plink on.

PP700sa with a mod adapotor, super quiet and accurate out to 45yds, but a bit long.

Quote Originally Posted by capt hindsight View Post
    My Alecto combined with a swift stumpy moderator is the quietest gun I've shot, quieter than HW 100.
    I bought the same combo - Alecto plus Stumpy mod - a few weeks ago as the most silent setup Solware could supply. I’m very happy as its very accurate, allows me to use the original sights for 10m and does not disturb the neighbours

CP1 (.177) with a SAK moderator is seriously quiet.
    In fact, it was too quiet and lacked the sensation of actually firing so I fitted an old Harper Classic Guns .25 job that I had lying about and now prefer the muted noise to the silence.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Easily the quietest air-pistol I have owned is the Weihrauch HW70. The power is not high, but as it is a springer it makes it easier to shoot. Excellent trigger and sights; the grip is a bit slippery but that's not difficult to fix.

If you have the money and you can find one, the Walther LP53 is also a quiet pistol. Anything with a big blast of gas or air is going to make a bang, so really SSPs, CO2 and PCPs aren't going to cut it unless you fit a 'orrible sound moderator.

ssssssssshhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Easily the quietest air-pistol I have owned is the Weihrauch HW70. The power is not high, but as it is a springer it makes it easier to shoot. Excellent trigger and sights; the grip is a bit slippery but that's not difficult to fix.

If you have the money and you can find one, the Walther LP53 is also a quiet pistol. Anything with a big blast of gas or air is going to make a bang, so really SSPs, CO2 and PCPs aren't going to cut it unless you fit a 'orrible sound moderator.

Daisy 700 series, SSP Quietest of the 100 or so pistols i have.