Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airgun licensing in England and Wales

Quote Originally Posted by robby View Post
    Scotland got the airgun license due to a mass outcry and long campaign from an airgun shot dead child's mother!.
    Which was already an offence under numerous other laws.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    Good job, the AWL is a mess in Scotland
    Can't say I had noticed. My AWC was issued when I renewed my SGC. The FEO asked if I had airguns, told me I didn't need to fill in the form and added £5 to the fee.

Everyone that I know who applied for an AWC before their airgiuns became illegal got it issued in time.

I don't agree with airgun licensing, but in the cases of me and the people I know it hasn't made any real difference.

robby is offline Whos the odd one out now
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Which was already an offence under numerous other laws.
    Offender got a prisoner sentence and the mother was pushing for a ban but settled for licence at the end.

I had to fill in the forms as my FEO said it was not his dept when visiting for my FAC and SGC renewal ,he did not even want to see the airguns . I got my FAC ,SGC and AWC in the same envelope .

We wont know until 2021 how many AWC applications there was due to people holding them on their FAC and /or SGC until their renewal.

Terry Doe on here said the scheme was running at a loss too so it's not a money making scheme either.

Quote Originally Posted by robby View Post
    Offender got a prisoner sentence and the mother was pushing for a ban but settled for licence at the end.
    He is due for release soon too or is already out .https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...aron-mcmillan/

robby is offline Whos the odd one out now
    Don't think he will see much outside back to Easterhouse, safer inside a cell to be honest.