Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Venom Valuation

Venom Valuation

I am so torn on whether to let this one go.

I have been selling a few rifles lately as we are moving to Spain at the end of the summer. I will still come back here for work and will still go to Petes when i can but in reality, the rifle will get used even less than now.

This one is a Venom 80 Lazaglide Hunter and is the jewel in the crown of my collection.
    There are not too many of these left and even less so in this condition.

It is in .22 Caliber, with immaculate bluing and in a stunning walnut stock which i have seen referred to as a hunter or a trophy stock.

I bought it from a forum member 4 years ago and have only taken it out to petes on rare days when the weather is fine.
    When i got it, the only thing did to it was to replace the piston seal with a new green V Mach one. Steve did recommend replacing the spring and guide but i didnt want to change it from the venom original setup.
    I am so glad i resisted his advice because i am lucky enough to own a few V Glide 80's and this ones firing characteristics is still a step up from them.

I dont want to say what i paid for it as it may have been over the odds. I didn't quibble as i just wanted the chance to own one. It came to a good home and i have not kept it locked away gathering dust as i think that would have been a shame.
    Unless i have missed them in the sales, i can honestly say that i have not seen one that compares to this for sale here since i bought it.

I would put up a photo but i can see how i can do it.

ps. theres no paperwork but anyone who knows what a venom rifle looks like inside and out will know this is a proper Venom
    Some V-glide 80's, V-glide Tomahawk and a couple of Rapids

800-1000 and get ready for an absolute deluge of pm’s offering to buy it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    800-1000 and get ready for an absolute deluge of pm’s offering to buy it!!!
    Which would be against the forum rules

Don't offer to buy, or try to sell off the back of a valuation thread

Hi. Am posting this to clarify things. When a valuation thread is posted, it must be treated as that, and nothing more. Once an owner of an item has a sound valuation figure, if they then wish to sell, they must start a fresh sales thread in either the main sales section, or if a collectable, in the collectors section, or with my blessing (if it is a collectable), in both . Turning a valuation thread into a sales thread will result in a two week holiday.

Similarly anyone posting on a valuation thread, or sending a p-m to an o-p that they would like to buy, or swap, with an item in question, irrespective of their motivation, is also unfortunately going to get themselves a two week holiday from the BBS. Asking an owner to let you know when they offer their item for sale, too, will imo constitute offering to buy off the back of a valuation thread, so please don't do it . Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Gareth W-B (o.b.o. The Airgun BBS Admin Team).

Venom 80

Send us a pic to my email and I'll help out as much as I can. Mach 1.5

Tricky to price at the mo' as people seem willing to pay just about anything if it's Venom or Whiscombe.

If it's as nice as you say, the condition is good and the stock is pretty, I would start with at least £1500.00.

You can always drop the price if it doesn't go.

This might be the way to go.

Peoples opinions do vary but it’s only worth as much as someone is willing to pay.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    In just a couple of post you have a price range form £800 to £1500 - so this thread is probably going to be a waste of time for a gun which is so subjective.

Try finding others on the net and use the price you paid also as an indication and go from there by posting a sales thread with a hefty price and good pictures - people can contact you off the back of that and get the process going rather than say "what they think it's worth" as inevitably what people say something is worth is not what they would actually pay in most cases. I recently done a valuation thread for a gun which I have just sold for over £400 more than people were saying "they would give me" in the valuation thread - I have very little faith in these types of thread.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Here's a photograph:

Very nice. I had 2 like that. Sure it was called the hunter stock. 5 checked panels.

Thanks for all the advice gents (and ladies if applicable) (or LGBT to avoid the slightest bit of offence).

I think given the feedback on the thread my next step will be to mull over if i want to let such a rare beast go.

Then i will start a thread with some better photos, start with a price and see how far i have to drop before i get an offer.
    I would not want to seem greedy but on the other hand, if i put up a price and someone wants it straight away i would be kicking myself that i could possibly have got a bit more.

Thanks again for all your feedback.

Venom 80.

Looking at the photo you have what to appears to be a Webley Venom 80 Lazahunter. The twin Cobra sticker and later muzzle break gives this away. So from around 1998 - 2005 when they closed. Very nice. Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 25-03-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Looking at the photo you have what to appears to be a Webley Venom 80 Lazahunter. The twin Cobra sticker and later muzzle break gives this away. So from around 1999 - 2005 when they closed. Very nice. Mach 1.5
    Didn't the twin cobra sticker predate Webley Venom or even Venomac?

I recall seeing the actual stuffed/fake cobras at their Gun Barrel Industrial Estate plant in 1995 and recall getting the stickers a year or so later. Could be mistaken though.

Webley Venom 80

The Twin Cobra stickers were used on Webley tuned rifles. Venomac tuned rifles had venomac stickers on them. You don't see many Venomac rifles these days to be honest. I think the Webley Venom Custom rifles were the best of the bunch. That 80 would be worth £1500 like Rustybuzz as mentioned but it's all done to what someone is prepared to pay. Strange no set back trigger blade? Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Strange no set back trigger blade? Mach 1.5
    Now that you mention it...

Just went through my Venom Arms file to see when I received the stickers. Couldn't find that information but came across some correspondence in which the cobras are part of the Venomac letterhead.

Webley Venom 80

Just spoke to the main man. Twin Cobra stickers were used at the tail end of the Venomac days and carried over to Webley Venom.You learn something new everyday!! The twin Cobra was a trade mark of Venom but not used on stickers till late 90's. The Serial Number will indicate year but of course not year of tune. Stickers apart. Very nice 80. Mach 1.5