Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Venom Valuation

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Just spoke to the main man. Twin Cobra stickers were used at the tail end of the Venomac days and carried over to Webley Venom.
    Thanks.

Mach 1.5 knows his Venoms.
    Its a good looking rifle, and anyone buying would want to confirm its lasaglided. Sale, or build paperwork would help here as after market stickers are about. No additional brass bling trigger guard or safety to shout its extra special. And then how does it shoot? Its not an exact match to a John Darling extra early Venom. The scope isn't anything particularly sexy, nor mounts.

£1,500 would not be robbing anyone as anything Venom is in fashion right now. However, thats plenty rich enough as for similar kind of price its getting to where a brand new custom maker could equal it if not add some. Maybe thats not the point, its a Venom??? Certainly a rare rifle and I don't know how many Webley/Venom Custom shop rifles are out there. Not many as the partnership didn't last long, well not that way. I don't know Venom history like some do.

To me its a solid £1,000 rifle because of what it is. Anything more then added premium for those that nothing else would be as good. There are some deep pockets out there and price is secondary to filling a place in the collection. No idea what you paid for it but how dedicated are you to collecting? The top valuation looks to me as good a return as it probably going to get; anything further would be marginal. Even the very best Wiscombe have a price stop.

Thankfully I don't collect this kind of stuff. Love to shoot it though.

Lovely rifle from the photo, as said before, it's what anyone is willing to pay
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177