Thread: Webley Cub

Webley Cub

My grandsons are keen to join me in shooting
    Has anyone got an opinion on the Webley Cub as it seems, on the face of it, to be a reasonably price junior entry rifle
    Any advice would be appreciated

I am impressed by the looks ,handling and price of this little rifle.
    But I haven’t shot one.

I was tempted to buy it which says something.

Short video here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKggD1E4e44

Though I have not handled or shot one I do fancy one.

If you find out who made it and then badged it as a webley you may find it cheaper.

I haven't seen one "in the flesh" but from what I have seen one would have to guess that it'll be a solidly engineered little rifle.

Not sure if its origins will be Turkish or Chinese, but both of these sources are very adept at delivering some very good guns at bargain prices.

I spotted a few days ago that NM Products in Sheffield are doing them for under £80 including a 4x32 Webley branded scope. So not much not to like at that sort of money and got to be worth a go?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

It’s a wood stock Hatsan Striker Junior fitted with the muzzle device from the full-power Striker 1000X and badged as a Webley.

For £80, even £100 or a bit more, with a scope and mounts, it looks quite an attractive option.

The Hatsan version (plain muzzle with conventional front sight) is also sold over here in the same price range, usually with a black synthetic stock.

You could do a lot worse. There are very few of what we used to call “boy’s rifles” made these days. Those that are around mostly strike me as very much made down to a price in China. Hatsans, although they are of course a budget choice, are pretty solid and well-engineered and usually good value compared to the competition.

Other options might be the recently-discontinued Weihrauch HW25, which you might well still find as new old stock (or second hand) or the HW30S - but the 30S is more like £200, no scope.

Also look at the Gamo Junior Hunter (which is unsuitable for hunting!), Delta Max Force, and Fox GT Whisper. No hands-on experience of those but I’d pick a Hatsan over any Gamo in the same price bracket.