Thread: Converting a FWB C60 from CO2 fill to PCP.

Converting a FWB C60 from CO2 fill to PCP.

I picked up a FWB C60 Match Air Rifle up at Kempton a few days ago, does any of the BBS readership know of an effective reasonably priced conversion kit to allow compressed Air fill rather than CO2 Bulk Fill ?

Thanks, Vic Thompson.

I am assuming this has a refillable tank and does not use 12g CO2 capsules.
    It would be far easier to refill from a fire extinguisher than convert to high pressure air (HPA)
    CO2 runs at 850 psi and exceeding this would dangerous.
    There are bottles fitted with 850 PSI regulators that are available. I can send you a photo. I expect these would need some joinery.
    If you fit a bulk fill adaptor to your rifle and fill to 850 psi with air, you will only get 10 consistant shots.

There is good thread about converting to HPA on the uk chinese airgun forum.

Neil
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Thanks for the info Neil, I'm just on my way to the uk chinese airgun forum right now.

Vic Thompson.

Filling from a fire extinguisher is far easier and gives you a terrific number of shots, you just give up counting. I get a 2kg fire extinguisher for £10 which lasts a couple of years. Using HPA you would have to leave the bottle connected with a flexible hose to get a lot of shots.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I have a Walther CG90 was Co2 now PCP. Conversion by ISP. Shoots superbly, only downside is that the cylinder used was from a donor gun and doesn't have a guage, I get 120 shots per fill no problem, so I fill; put 110 pellets in a tin and shoot them, knowing I will have no variation; then re fill gun and pellet tin etc.
    Co2 bottles don't convert to pre charged as has been said due to the enormous pressures involved. ISP director Shaun also converted his FWB C60 from Co2 to PCP with great success. It's interesting to note that due to the Co2 molecules being bigger than air ones, and the given porting in Co2 guns, the regulator pressure for a conversion runs at really low pressure settings, or at least that's how it was explained to me by someone much more educated than myself.
    So conversion is possible but it needs new cylinders and regulators.