Thread: Pardini P10 popularity VS FAS604

Pardini P10 popularity VS FAS604

After first trying a Pardini P10 over 5 years ago, I finally found one for sale a few months ago, never thought I would fine one for me, as I'm a leftie, and its got a LH grip!
    I love the P10, with its underlever trigger guard and pop open breach, so much nicer to use than a FAS, but why do the FAS seem so much more popular as a classic SSP pistol? Do people like being jabbed in the had by the rear sight when cocking it? Many people seem to do the closing sideways due to the top cocking, pointing the pistol at the person next to them?

Thanks!
    Thanks - Geoff.

I don't know why the P10 is less popular than the FAS 604 but I have owned both of them and enjoy shooting them both too, but the Pardini P10 is my personal favourite as far as SSP target pistols go - by long way!

Maybe they did not have such a good importer as the FAS 604 enjoyed at the time, or maybe they were just too expensive?

I really don't know the answer to your question, but like yourself, I would like to know a little more about the lack of sales success in the UK as it is a very fine air pistol that should have enjoyed a lot more UK sales.

.-.-..then there would be more used examples for sale so that it would be easy for me to find a good replacement for mine.......

If anyone has a good r/h P10 for sale with a right hand grip please let me know by PM or email
    Last edited by zooma; 29-03-2019 at 06:06 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Of all the pistols I've had and sold over the years the only one I regret selling was my P10, lovely simplistic design that just worked and did so very well indeed, I've also had a couple of FAS604's amongst other SSP's but favoured the P10 over all of em, One of the reasons I regretted selling was that whilst 604's are easy to find and buy again, The P10 on the other hand rarely comes up for sale,
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Quote Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
    Many people seem to do the closing sideways due to the top cocking, pointing the pistol at the person next to them?

Thanks!
    That was always a weak point in my firing routine when I was shooting my fwb100. I found myself pivoting on my right foot in order to keep the barrel pointed down range, no doubt this shift in position every shot had an impact on my scores.
    I'd love to see some old Olympic footage of people firing their SSP to see how the top shooters of the day did it.
    Donald

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Elf & Safety!

The answer, is that in those days, that people were not so OTT paranoid about alleged safety, and specifically at big internationals.

I shot at Intershoot in Holland in the late 70's and early 80's, breach flags had not been invented, we shot with lever cocked FWB65's, Walther LP2's, barrels in all directions whilst cocking including sideways, but always down range when loading and once the pellet was in, never any accidents. The later Walther LPM-1 and FWB 100, and the FAS 604, are near enough impossible to cock pointing down range, but they can be closed pointing downrange very simply.

I remember at EC they discharged FWB 65's (most people had them!) to test the trigger weight, with the tester with his thumb over the end of the muzzle to hold back air pressure, no one got shot, but would horrify people now, perhaps there was more common sense about then?

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    The answer, is that in those days, that people were not so OTT paranoid about alleged safety, and specifically at big internationals.

I shot at Intershoot in Holland in the late 70's and early 80's, breach flags had not been invented, we shot with lever cocked FWB65's, Walther LP2's, barrels in all directions...perhaps there was more common sense about then?

Have Fun
    Robin
    or fewer lawyers?

Rutty

So to but in, Would something like these be goog practice guns when I cant use the clubs LP10?