Thread: Target holders?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Target holders?

Looking for a decent target holder for use at home.
    I'll be receiving a FAS604 soon and have entered the MPL comp.
    All my shooting is at home and I'll be doing a lot of practice as it's 10years since I shot pistol! Previously I hung a heavy blanket on the inside of the up and over garage door with a home made pellet trap hanging just in front of the blanket and shot through from then kitchen which connects to the garage. I'll be intending to do the same thing now.
    Luckily for home use the 604 isn't super powerful but I'd like to minimise noise so I'm looking for a good target holder / trap which minimises the risk of bouncers and is as quiet as possible (there's always the option of adding a sheet of lead flashing on the trap's backplate).
    Any recommendations?

I bought a flat backed pellet trap from evil bay and carried out the lead mod. Two squares of 3mm lead glued together and then glued to the back of the trap. Catches the pellets nicely and definitely cuts down the noise. Another option is a fibre dart board. I have one in my back garden that's absorbed hundreds of pellets and still going strong. This option is virtually silent on impact.

Here’s a ready made one in the NSRA Shop.

Rutty

Thanks chaps

The original NARPA design for a pellet trap is excellent and easy to make and includes a strip light to illuminate the target.

I still have one that I made in 1976 and it is still going strong and does the job perfectly.

I made another four when we started RMTC and they have only just given way to our new electronic target changers, but until then they were inconstant use and have withstood some considerable battering!

We still use them for 6 yard MPL shooting - there is nothing better !

You can probably find the plans online, but if not I have a set I can copy for you.

Buying a stamped metal one is easier and maybe even cheaper!

Bob
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    The original NARPA design for a pellet trap is excellent and easy to make and includes a strip light to illuminate the target.

I still have one that I made in 1976 and it is still going strong and does the job perfectly.

I made another four when we started RMTC and they have only just given way to our new electronic target changers, but until then they were inconstant use and have withstood some considerable battering!

We still use them for 6 yard MPL shooting - there is nothing better !

You can probably find the plans online, but if not I have a set I can copy for you.

Buying a stamped metal one is easier and maybe even cheaper!

Bob
    Thanks Bob - I'll look it up