Thread: Hege army match replacement

Hege army match replacement

I doubt anything could replace the Hege Army Match Revolver for build quality, accuracy etc but for those shooters getting into top level M/L matches who are looking to upgrade their revolver is there anything that comes close these days, apart from the FWB, as the Hege is no longer offered new ? Just curious as I’ve been out of the loop so to speak for a long while.
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by vbull View Post
    I doubt anything could replace the Hege Army Match Revolver for build quality, accuracy etc but for those shooters getting into top level M/L matches who are looking to upgrade their revolver is there anything that comes close these days, apart from the FWB, as the Hege is no longer offered new ? Just curious as I’ve been out of the loop so to speak for a long while.
    You are right.

Nothing could replace the Hege.

...and try finding a Feinwerkbau.

So what would an up and coming shooter buy, the Pedesoli Custom perhaps, there's got to be something available ?

I know nothing about the Pedersoli revolvers, except to remark that last year the world championship open-frame class was one by a Hungarian shooting a standard Uberti Walker. Being 2.15m he is tall enough to manage that large revolver in single-handed target-style shooting. The NMA58 would, of course, be shot in another class of closed frame revolvers.

So I went looking - and Davide Pedersoli DO have custom version of the NMA58 - Ł1162.00.

https://www.davide-pedersoli.com/sch...li-custom.html

It would seem that Henry Krank is the company to talk to about getting one in this country - they are the principal Pedersoli dealers.
    Last edited by tacfoley; 31-03-2019 at 08:13 PM.

As well as the Pedersoli custom job already mentioned I believe Pietta make a fancy one too, the Shooters Model or something like that. I would love to know if they are used at top level.

Quote Originally Posted by vbull View Post
    As well as the Pedersoli custom job already mentioned I believe Pietta make a fancy one too, the Shooters Model or something like that. I would love to know if they are used at top level.
    Google is your friend here.

I know that my friend but thought the subject be of interest to some on this forum as well as myself....I'll have a look later, see what they're using these days.

That world champion open-frame BP pistol shot, Gyulá Mastérós, shoots a bog-standard Uberti Walker that has, as he puts it, a nice trigger, and is straight when he looks down the barrel into the chambers. His average is just a tad over 94.