Thread: Umerex pistols

Umerex pistols

Hi I’m looking around for a blowback pistol to do a bit of plinkin in safe garden area, prefer pellets, any thoughts please ?

The only Umarex pellet blowback pistols I can think of are:

1. The Desert Eagle. Huge, bit stupid (like the real thing), very plastic, very very noisy, does not handle well, recently discontinued, gas hog (25 shots per 12g), quite accurate.

2. PX4 Beretta lookalike. Never used one, but a sensible sized pistol. Unfortunately does not have a great reputation, including for accuracy.

The Gamo PT85 may be worth a look, though never used one myself. I have used the PT80 and it’s OK, and cheap.

Forgot the SA-10, which sounds quite interesting.

Have a look at the sig 320 and 226 I think they both comin blowback or the sti duty one comes in blowback and none blowback.

Bill
    AA S200T 10m , HW100T, Cometa 220, Diana 27, Original Mod 6, Gamo compact+center, Rohm twinmaster Top, S&W 586/4+6+8, Berretta 92 airsoft, Blinged crossman 2240, CP88 4", CO2 Uzi 6mm, Air arms Alfa proj .177, Drulov DU10 .177, HW 99s, Hammarelli AP20pro

Umerex pistols

Thank you all for responding, I’ll check out 226, PX4, CP99 as look the right size and pellet blowback

Umerex pistols

Thanks to all for replying, as you said, looked at the 226, PX4, CP99 bought the CP99 as the YouTube reviews were good, its a stiff trigger even in single action but got use to holding onto double then shoot, quite like that about it, using Hobby flats as told to ? any preference on Co2 bulbs please ?

Umerex pistols

Hi all, took notice of your advice and looked at the 225, p99, px4, decided on CP99 as had better YouTube reviews, now set up a safe garage range and will be testing with a friend later this week with his px4, interesting to see results, now noticed the cp99 has no white dots, perhaps I should have bought the px4!

A friend just gave me a 1923 Webley 22, very surprising accuracy! Looks like original tin of pellets but gun has slight surface rusting, can anything be done to the blueing please ?

Umarex pistols

Hi and thank you for the advice given, I checked out the 225, cp99, px4 and decided on the cp99 as YouTube reviews seemed best of the 3, but now set up a small range in the garage and realised no white Dots on the sights, searched around any others suggestions than paint and cocktail sticks please ?

Also a good mate gave me gave me a Webley 22 1923 model, very surprised it shoots well but surface rust, it’s not bad but spoils it, I don’t know the process, is there any type of blueing I can do please ?

Umerex pistols

Hi just wanted to say thank you very much, I checked the 225, px4, cp99 as you advised and decided on cp99 which I is great but no white dot sights, is the only way white paint and cocktail stick please ?

Today I found a very nice used Beretta 92fs delivery tomorrow, so I must becoming a more serious plinker!

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Oh dear- now you're hooked!
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Just bought a PX-4, having been used to a 92FS.

The blowback is a bit of fun - but heavy on CO2 (obv).

Accuracy is pretty poor out of the box. The whole barrel assembly has several parts, inside each other, all of which end up with quite a bit of play at end of barrel. It is improvable slightly - see my other thread on it.

However, treat it as a blowback plinker for fun and it's a light usable one, which hopefully answers your question.