Thread: Hornady dies?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hornady dies?

How do they compare in the hierarchy of reloading gear?

Are they worth buying (22-250 in this case) or should I buy rcbs?

never been a fan but i bought a 17 hornet and just went with hornady dies. build v accurate ammo and as cheap as they are a lifetime warranty .personally i don't see rcbs as any better..i still prefef redding comp and whidden but can't argue against the ammo the hornady produce.

Way better than Lee, pretty much on a par with RCBS (imho)

Hornady dies

I found the decapping pin in the sizing die to be a problem...very flexible and difficult to centre...otherwise, dies ok.

amc577

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Way better than Lee, pretty much on a par with RCBS (imho)
    Until you try and decap a need an primed case then the Lee setup pays dividends
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

I would prefer Hornady over RCBS but only just.
    I don't use either anymore, it's Forster all the way for me these days.
    To destroy a people, you must first sever their roots. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I like Hornady dies, I have the new dimension FL and seater sets for 222, 223 and 25-06. I have a Hornady 22 neck die and seater for 22-250. Only have RCBS 30-06 dies as they were cheap. I don’t de prime with my dies I use a lee universal de prime die for that and stainless media tumble before sizing so I don’t introduce dirt to my dies

Rick
    It's not my faulty, I was just.....

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    Until you try and decap a need an primed case then the Lee setup pays dividends
    I broke the pin on the Lee dies doing that, but then as we know, I’m heavy handed. If I meet resistance I just push harder, and evidently over tighten the rod retainer too!
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by 223AI View Post
    I broke the pin on the Lee dies doing that, but then as we know, I’m heavy handed. If I meet resistance I just push harder, and evidently over tighten the rod retainer too!
    if you broke a Lee what would you have done with another make ? I have tried to decap berdan primed brass that has sneaked into the pile a couple of times , each time all thats happened is the pin has pushed up and had to be reset, perhaps I'll sort you out a set of stubbie spanners next time Aldi or Lidl have them in (and no putting lengths of pipe on them to gain leverage)
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby