Thread: HW77 stock, ID and thoughts please

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two

HW77 stock, ID and thoughts please

I very recently acquired a mid 80's HW77k that was sent to Venom early on in it's life for a tune, race muzzle break etc. It also came to me with a left handed tyrolean stock as well as the standard stock. I'd really appreciate any info around the stock maker etc and also an idea of value? A bit of a shame as I am right handed. It's been drilled on the underside for a sling. Pics below:

Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

That looks very like the Custom Stocks one I had on my 77 back in the day, as a lefty myself I loved it!! I paid £180 for mine but that was 30 years ago.....damn I do like it...why did I ever sell mine!

Another vote for 1980s CS. And a very nice one.

That there is a genuine Venom tyrolean, made by CS for them.

You can tell by the grip, the schnabel fore end and the checkering pattern.

Deffo Venom.

Hope this helps

Richard

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    Thanks for the info so far folks. Still gutted it's not right handed.
    Any thoughts on a possible value? Not sure what to do with it yet.
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

There are some threads on here from recent times noting Venom stocks on the bay have gone for crazy money. I am not sure that a Venom stock made for them by CS could reach the heights of some of other Venom stocks but it is still a lovely stock and, as a lefty, very appealing to me so I won't offer a valuation because I genuinely don't know what it is worth. I will keep a close eye on the thread with interest.

In the meantime I am off to my cabinet to get out my lefty air arms carmargue which has a very similar stock to compare the two.

Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Venom Stock

As per Rustybuzz. A venom tryolean stock from 1986 period. And yes I have the same stock in RH version. CS did stocks for nearly everyone in the 80's even Venom, Theoben etc but the the stocks were just inletted then Ivan worked his magic. Valve wise £300!! Find another one I say. I think only airmasters didn't use CS back in the day but Rustybuzz will put me right there. Mach 1.5

This is a Custom Stock after market.

The one in the o.p. photo is Custom Stock for Venom due to the 'three peaks' chequering.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post
    That looks very like the Custom Stocks one I had on my 77 back in the day, as a lefty myself I loved it!! I paid £180 for mine but that was 30 years ago.....damn I do like it...why did I ever sell mine!
    This thread is stirring similar emotions in me too - In the late 80's/early 90's I had a 77K which I sent to venom for the Mamba conversion (pre-TX200HC) and internal fettle that sat in a lovely tyrolean stock. A fantastically accurate shooting machine which like a bone head I traded in for a bog standard Falcon FN19 some years later

Why, oh why.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    As per Rustybuzz. A venom tryolean stock from 1986 period. And yes I have the same stock in RH version. CS did stocks for nearly everyone in the 80's even Venom, Theoben etc but the the stocks were just inletted then Ivan worked his magic. Valve wise £300!! Find another one I say. I think only airmasters didn't use CS back in the day but Rustybuzz will put me right there. Mach 1.5
    No, we used CS as well for the 'standard' custom jobs as did everyone else.

It will come as no surprise to you all that the Tyrolean stock on my Air Arms is not as nice as that Venom stock
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

I do wish this thread would go away - I'm beginning to develop an itch that's going to need scratching soon

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye View Post
    I do wish this thread would go away - I'm beginning to develop an itch that's going to need scratching soon
    Yup me too, now all I need is a nice action and a nice stock, oh and some period glass

100 percent a venom

100 percent a venom tyro ive had one should never have sold it
    scorpion lightning walther lgu