Thread: Complete Tell Pistol Collection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Complete Tell Pistol Collection

At the Alm Auction I was lucky enough to purchase the lot containing his Tell 3’s. He had 4 Tell 1’s in the auction in various lots. I saw one of his Tell 1’s come out in an after auction sale and completed the three pistol collection. Though the Tell 3 is difficult to find, I don’t think in the US I have ever seen a Tell 1 since I started collecting 4 years ago? To me it’s the most difficult one to obtain but that may be different in the U.K.? It’s ironic cause it was made for a fairly long time? Mine is numbered 116.

Last edited by 45flint; 08-04-2019 at 05:25 PM.

Tell Set

I also picked up one of the Tell I and completed my set. The 2 and 3 do come up fairly regularly here. Tell 1 are not seen much in my experience.
    Lovely set.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobiasstrip View Post
    I also picked up one of the Tell I and completed my set. The 2 and 3 do come up fairly regularly here. Tell 1 are not seen much in my experience.
    Lovely set.
    Was yours from the Alm Auction? How did you get it to the UK, thought that was close to impossible?
    Last edited by 45flint; 08-04-2019 at 09:33 PM.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Nice to see 2 sets of Tell pistols. l have yet to come across a Tell 1 to complete my set.

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Nice to see 2 sets of Tell pistols. l have yet to come across a Tell 1 to complete my set.
    The auction prices seemed not that unreasonable but you had to buy multiple pistols. I probably paid a very full retail for mine in the after market but I thought I doubt if I would ever see one again? I fell in love with Alm’s totally blued version ( it was reblued) but it was part of a three gun lot and it sold before I got my Tell 3’s. I actually never thought I would win the Tell 3s.
    Last edited by 45flint; 08-04-2019 at 11:09 PM.

Congrats

they are fine pieces!