Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: June Bash - Bring something different.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I have my "something different" sorted! I'm currently sourcing open sights for it, but I hope to have the irons zero'd to the bucket if the wind is kind enough. I'm buggered if I could hold it standing, let alone hit anything, but off a bench it should be spring-tastic!

[IMG][/IMG]
    God rest ye jelly mental men

I reckon if you ask Uncle Mick nicely he could fettle you a gun carriage for that bad boy then you'll just need to find an 8ft gorilla to cock the bugger

And I wonder how long he keeps that one?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Possibly as long as the Sunday?

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Possibly as long as the Sunday?

Dave
    Debatable methinks.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

And

Regarding one of my "bring something different" guns, I was re-united with the little Gamo last night. It was late and I was itching for a plink.

So........managed to get a very quick plink in down the garden this evening after work. And what an absolute joy this rifle is with its Welsh Willy internals, courtesy of Pete, looknohands. Genuinely just a dull thud. And with its light (142 grams) 25mm piston hardly any movement at all. This was apparent even when I first got the gun once you could see past the horrendous twang with the standard guide.

Looking forward to letting many of you see these little Spaniards in a totally different light.

Regarding one of my "bring something different" guns, I was re-united with the little Gamo last night. It was late and I was itching for a plink.

So........managed to get a very quick plink in down the garden this evening after work. And what an absolute joy this rifle is with its Welsh Willy internals, courtesy of Pete, looknohands. Genuinely just a dull thud. And with its light (142 grams) 25mm piston hardly any movement at all. This was apparent even when I first got the gun once you could see past the horrendous twang with the standard guide.

Looking forward to letting many of you see these little Spaniards in a totally different light.
    I'm looking forward to having a play with your Gamo at the Bash Tone,I still haven't sorted my one out yet..
    I've got a few projects that need completion.must get my finger out .
    Les..

Bring something different

Looks like the June Bash is going to be a Festival of Spring? Mach 1.5

A tad unfair! My custom 95 has been in my possession for over 3 years, the Ultra short 97 in the stone laminate Cs800 2 years, my HW45 I got in January 2014 and my Sumatra Stinger Carbine will never be sold.

Admittedly, other crap like HW35's, .177's, BSA's and other dross will pass through like the Noro-virus.

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I'm looking forward to having a play with your Gamo at the Bash Tone,I still haven't sorted my one out yet..
    I've got a few projects that need completion.must get my finger out .
    Les..
    Much the same here, Les, and I really must get stuck into more stuff.

The manky looking Supersport, although quite sweet shooting, could do with a slight downwards tweak in power.....still a little close and the slight de-tune will reduce cocking effort slightly.

I could do with fettling the little HW50 now that I have the Rekord from Paul, Mach 1.5.

And I must have owned the HW35 that I bought from Nick, 18 Wheeler, for over two and a half years now....a slight galling issue to resolve and tweak the barrel latch.

That little Gamo has already shone at The Hollow, bashing the bucket. Really mild firing cycle with next to bugger all sight picture disturbance. Now super refined. And although the trigger is far from the best, it is usable. I think you'll like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Looks like the June Bash is going to be a Festival of Spring? Mach 1.5
    How true, Paul.

And top marks to you, my friend, for highlighting this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    A tad unfair! My custom 95 has been in my possession for over 3 years, the Ultra short 97 in the stone laminate Cs800 2 years, my HW45 I got in January 2014 and my Sumatra Stinger Carbine will never be sold.

Admittedly, other crap like HW35's, .177's, BSA's and other dross will pass through like the Noro-virus.
    Blimey, you surprise me, Nick.

Have you managed to have a play with the Lightning yet?

Blimey, you surprise me, Nick.

Have you managed to have a play with the Lightning yet?
    Yes, today. I fitted a spring and top hat kit from a well known supplier () and boom! 16 ft/lb!

I checked it several times as it was shooting so sweetly I didn't believe it! 2 1/2coils off and 15.5? Another 2 1/2 coils and I was down to 13.7. A final two coils and it's 11.3-11.5 depending on pellet, no twang, straight back recoil and so consistent I have to check the decimal points on each shot!

Proper little smasher so it is!

[IMG][/IMG]

Lovely!

Strangely, I think the said same supplier provided the innards for my little Supersport, too.

Standard spring and 14.5 with Superdomes!

De-tuned now. Very sweet shooting and very consistent and accurate......11.8 with Exact RS and a tad more with Hobby. Uncomfortably close so will have a bit more of a downwards tweak. 10.5 with Superdomes, so I guess it will have been 16-ish with the RS prior to de-tune.

To be fair, it'll only get used as a fun "knock-about" (its comical looks sort of reinforce that ) or a ratter if I get the chance, so thinking a nice, soft 10 to 10.5 max with the most efficient pellets will make it even nicer.

Yours looks very nice and purposeful.

Well the bavaria 55 has had a full strip down and regrease including trigger polish ready for the june bash anschutz 335 also had same now twang free 😃