Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: June Bash - Bring something different.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Imagine their poor little faces if a shed load of newbies turn up to try the holy grail of air rifles (because Tony has badgered the crap out of them to come to a bash and try one), the highly recommended HW99, only to find out there's not a single HW on the site "Oh! here try this BSF, that's close enough"

Pants and pissing them come to mind.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Airsporter RB2 Carbine .22.
    Airsporter RB2 Stutzen .22.
    Airsporter Mk2. .177.
    FWB 300 .177.
    FWB 300SU .177.
    And a pair of .22 Hyedua stocked Theoben Fenmans.
    Marvellous; we'll look forward to seeing that little lot, John.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alanok2002 View Post
    Funny you should say that ive just picked a bsf 55 up 😃
    Got a tracker 2 original 35s and a anschutz 335 😃
    Lovely!

Would you mind bringing that little lot of loveliness along, please?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    so eevn my b&m tx200sr bullpup would be excluded then bet not many seen one of them i wish i could come as id have brought my tracker deluxe for tony to have tried out
    Sounds like you can't make it? That's a shame as it'd be great to meet you and your little toys.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Imagine their poor little faces if a shed load of newbies turn up to try the holy grail of air rifles (because Tony has badgered the crap out of them to come to a bash and try one), the highly recommended HW99, only to find out there's not a single HW on the site "Oh! here try this BSF, that's close enough"

Pants and pissing them come to mind.

Pete
    Could be a HW salesman's dream, Pete. Having had a go with a standard B55 and (how I imagine) harsh little firing cycle and heavy trigger, the newbie then gets handed a '99 to try by the salesman who just happened to have one hanging around and BINGO!

Anyways, you coming for a play?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Airsporter RB2 Carbine .22.
    Airsporter RB2 Stutzen .22.
    Airsporter Mk2. .177.
    FWB 300 .177.
    FWB 300SU .177.
    And a pair of .22 Hyedua stocked Theoben Fenmans.
    That would be great, especially the FWB 300su. With me being cackhanded I'd love a go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Could be a HW salesman's dream, Pete. Having had a go with a standard B55 and (how I imagine) harsh little firing cycle and heavy trigger, the newbie then gets handed a '99 to try by the salesman who just happened to have one hanging around and BINGO!

Anyways, you coming for a play?
    Not if there's going to be a HW salesman there

Like I said before Tone, unless there's a massive landslide south and I accidentally step in the Quigley bucket when I exit my front door, then it's highly unlikely

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post

Like I said before Tone, unless there's a massive landslide south and I accidentally step in the Quigley bucket when I exit my front door, then it's highly unlikely

Pete
    I know you've posted before about why you might not be able to attend, Pete, but it would be a real shame if you couldn't, one day, attend a Bash. I'm sure you'd love it as it's such a laid-back and hugely enjoyable affair with lots of friendly people. The day can be what you make it......chat to lots of like-minded people or just find yourself a quiet spot and shoot your own guns at a huge variety of targets.

It would be superb to finally meet you, especially after the help you have given me, and it'd be lovely to see some of your gorgeous BSAs.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    That would be great, especially the FWB 300su. With me being cackhanded I'd love a go with that.
    A long drive but I hope to get down in June, see you there !
    “An airgun or two”………

Funny you should say that ive just picked a bsf 55 up 😃
    Nice one Alan
    You seem to be getting all the interesting stuff at the moment.
    Les..

Well, as I only have HWs, guess I can't come!

No probs, I'll be in France anyway - bad planning or what.

No, no, no, no, no, Mike.

You must un-book whatever it is that's keeping you away on the 1st.

Or do the Friday and Sunday?
    Its getting worse and worse, Saturday and Sunday are both booked, and I shall probably be so upset at what I am missing that I shan't be able to concentrate on playing.

Quote Originally Posted by nurek View Post
    Paul, bring that Mach1.5 along and I'll also bring something very different
    I would be most interested in Paul's ,Mach1.5 gun and I hope that you will bring that special gun that you have just gotten.
    Les..

Bring something different

I'm not saying don't bring a HW!! I'm just saying bring something different to try. After all there is always lots of the common stuff but bring something we haven't seen for ages.
    Mach 1.5

I know you've posted before about why you might not be able to attend, Pete, but it would be a real shame if you couldn't, one day, attend a Bash. I'm sure you'd love it as it's such a laid-back and hugely enjoyable affair with lots of friendly people. The day can be what you make it......chat to lots of like-minded people or just find yourself a quiet spot and shoot your own guns at a huge variety of targets.

It would be superb to finally meet you, especially after the help you have given me, and it'd be lovely to see some of your gorgeous BSAs.
    I've no doubt I'd love it and I'd love to be able to meet you and let you sample my rifle delights but it's just way to far for me, I do enough mileage and sit in too much traffic with too many idiots during the week, I don't really enjoy driving anymore and long distances just fill me with dread now, so unless I win the lottery and can afford a chauffeur to take me there, sorry to say but I can't really ever see it happening mate.

Pete