Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: June Bash - Bring something different.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    That would be great, especially the FWB 300su. With me being cackhanded I'd love a go with that.
    I had a lefty 300 at the bash mate, you would have been welcome to have a shoot with it

Next time bud

What you really need is a Browning Airstar to play with

Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    Its getting worse and worse, Saturday and Sunday are both booked, and I shall probably be so upset at what I am missing that I shan't be able to concentrate on playing.
    Well, with a seemingly decent number of BoingerPeeps arriving from as early as the Wednesday, Mike, maybe you could choose from the three days preceding the weekend so you still get a Quigley "fix"?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robet View Post
    Well, as I only have HWs, guess I can't come!

No probs, I'll be in France anyway - bad planning or what.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    I'm not saying don't bring a HW!! I'm just saying bring something different to try. After all there is always lots of the common stuff but bring something we haven't seen for ages.
    Mach 1.5
    Yes, yes, yes, Robert. Young Paul means for people to bring some other different stuff along AS WELL as our beloved Weihrauchs.

Shame you'll be in France, though. Nothing much we can do about that. Family holiday? Have a great time; you'll be missed but we'll look forward to seeing you in September.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    What you really need is a Browning Airstar to play with
    Unframed Dave once brought one along, Dan.

I don't think there's much Dave hasn't got.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I've no doubt I'd love it and I'd love to be able to meet you and let you sample my rifle delights but it's just way to far for me, I do enough mileage and sit in too much traffic with too many idiots during the week, I don't really enjoy driving anymore and long distances just fill me with dread now, so unless I win the lottery and can afford a chauffeur to take me there, sorry to say but I can't really ever see it happening mate.

Pete
    I fully understand your dilemma, Pete, and it saddens me immensely.

I will keep my fingers and everything else crossed for that lottery win so we might finally welcome you to Quigley Hollow.

Apart from I need to win it first, in which case I'll send a chauffeur for you. Luxury travel both ways and your choice of camping with the boys or a luxury hotel and transit to and from The Bash, whichever you prefer.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I fully understand your dilemma, Pete, and it saddens me immensely.

I will keep my fingers and everything else crossed for that lottery win so we might finally welcome you to Quigley Hollow.

Apart from I need to win it first, in which case I'll send a chauffeur for you. Luxury travel both ways and your choice of camping with the boys or a luxury hotel and transit to and from The Bash, whichever you prefer.
    Very kind words and thoughts Tone, I'd like to think that one day I'd make the trip to a bash but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Unframed Dave once brought one along, Dan.

I don't think there's much Dave hasn't got.
    Mick's a big fan of the airstar, I might bring it along in June. If anyone else has one we could cock in unison. Music for the soul, a very dark soul.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

I might bring a Mach1 and 2 ?
    .22 Venom Mach 1 (FAC) 6-25x56 Millett.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Thumbhole 6.5-20x40 Leupold EFR.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Sporter 4-12x40 Leupold.
    .177 Venom Vantage 4-16x50.
    .177 Venom Daystate 8-32x56 AGS.
    .22 Venom Datstate 4-16x56 AGS.
    .22 Webley Venom FX2000 6-18x40 Busnel Legend.
    .177 Titan MPT by Steve Pope 6-24x40 Tasco.
    .177 Pro-Sport 4-16x50.
    .22 Webley FX2000 3-9x33 Leupold EFR.
    .177 Logan Solo 4-16x50.
    .22 HW90 (spring powered) 4-16x50
    .22 Gamo Stutzen.
    .177 Walther lever action.

As a 'Boinger Virgin' (virgin on the ridiculous ) I may attend this one and bring a few interesting rifles. A BSF mod 65, Omega & Vucan prototype adjustable gas rammers, the Omega prototype, a Beeman FWB Sport and a Walther with two triggers. plus whatever else I may pick up this weekend at Melbourne.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    As a 'Boinger Virgin' (virgin on the ridiculous ) I may attend this one and bring a few interesting rifles. A BSF mod 65, Omega & Vucan prototype adjustable gas rammers, the Omega prototype, a Beeman FWB Sport and a Walther with two triggers. plus whatever else I may pick up this weekend at Melbourne.

ATB
    Ian
    Please do attend. I had the walther with the double set trigger at the last one. It has resulted in the odd stray pellet when I can't get the instructions out quickly enough.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    I always bring something different.

Dave
    yup, pretty much in a league of your own mate
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Mick's a big fan of the airstar, I might bring it along in June. If anyone else has one we could cock in unison. Music for the soul, a very dark soul.

Dave
    Just the thought of two Airstars has given me a Migraine, Dave.

The ultimate gun for vermin control --- cock it and everything buggers off.

Please do attend. I had the walther with the double set trigger at the last one. It has resulted in the odd stray pellet when I can't get the instructions out quickly enough.

Dave
    Thanks for letting me try that Walther Dave. It wasn't me that put a hole through the roof mind, but I can honestly say I haven't shot anything before with that light a trigger pull (and I shoot a FWB300).

Dave
    Guilty as charged , the lightest trigger that I've ever thought about pulling .
    Still a very nice gun.
    Les..