I know this has come up over the years. What do you reckon makes someone a dealer? (someone who deals in guns!) . I know there are people who dont like to turn down anything that they are offered for fear the same source might not think of them next time-----------and then they have the problem of getting rid of the guns that they have bought but dont really want.
I know sometimes people might go to see one gun or buy one off here and get offered another with it (happend to me a few times on here).
I have heard or something silmilar where the person wants to get rid of 4 or 5 guns at once, so it is an"all or nothing" situation.
I know some people are chasing a particular gun so will buy more in this situation to get they one they want and then try to sell the others for what they paid and be happy to have got the one they want.
I also know some people would try to get rid of the others at a profit so the one they wanted was"Free". Often I think this happens with guns that have incomplete ones with them and someone will keep the best and sell the others, of which a couple are fairly crappy with not much chance of gettng them together.
Then you have the carbooters who pay £20 for something and put it up for £80. You also have similar people who will break these guns for bits. I remember Ged was like this and it was never actually a sales thread, more of "I've got these. How much would you pay for these now? They are going back in the lock up"
Then of course you have the ones who break on Evil bay. I've seen a few buy guns on here over the years and then the bits appear there.
How about if you refurb a few guns for "A mate" and he has a table at kempton or similar?
I guess we all have our views and it can be a grey area.
I know I used to buy quite a few years ago, 4 or 5 together a couple of times----------but i was not selling them on. Usually it was to have a look and to do a strip for the Idiots guide.
I do still look for the odd thing and buy the odd one but nowhere near like the past and sometimes it is to try to get bits to finish stuff off, which I am still slowly managing to do.

So what are your views?