Thread: Whats it worth? Diana Stutzen

Whats it worth? Diana Stutzen

I'm considering letting my Diana 430 Stutzen .22 go but would like to get an idea of its value whilst I ponder - its a difficult gun to price as they are rare and were a bit overpriced when new.

I like the gun a lot but .177 is my prefered calibre and I have a HW100 & HW77k in this calibre. I always put my hand on the 77 for target shooting and the HW100 for hunting. Combined they have made the Diana somewhat redundant.

I've considered taking the scope off and keeping it as a nice looking open sighter, but age is catching up with me and I don't shoot open sights terribly well unless i'm looking at fibre optics - which the Diana doesn't have.

The guns in very good condition, pretty much as new, I still have the original box and if I sell it would go with the Simmons 1.5 - 5 scope still fitted.

So what sort of money could I expect if I decide to sell?

P.S. genuine valuation thread, please no pm's with offers as per bbs rules

P.P.S If anyone has a suggestion as how a fibre optic open front sight could be fitted that would probably swing me to keep it!

Quote Originally Posted by capt hindsight View Post
    If anyone has a suggestion as how a fibre optic open front sight could be fitted that would probably swing me to keep it!
    No idea on value, but what about asking Rowan Engineering if they could make a 'bolt on' front sight unit so you could keep the original and replace, or sell both. Likely wouldn't be cheap but worth a thought
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    I might have a spare foresight for a 54 Airking if that would fit - not fibreoptic but you could adapt it perhaps?
    Good deals with these members

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by capt hindsight View Post

P.P.S If anyone has a suggestion as how a fibre optic open front sight could be fitted that would probably swing me to keep it!