Thread: anyone tried the lothar walther barrel on a crosman co2 pistol?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Got to be honest I'm struggling to get it. One minute you're saying the SSG is no good because it can be adjusted externally (which it doesn't have to be), the next minute that you should fit an external power adjuster instead?
    Good deals with these members

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I was under the impression that external power adjusters only adjusted power DOWN, not up?
    Last edited by harvey_s; 16-04-2019 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Got to be honest I'm struggling to get it. One minute you're saying the SSG is no good because it can be adjusted externally (which it doesn't have to be), the next minute that you should fit an external power adjuster instead?
    I didn't say they were no good just that when you make one correctly(that can be fully optimized to get max efficiency) that it has external adjusters and as things are changed then power can be increased notably when the air gap is reduced between the ham,mer and spring power increases as a rule
    you must have missed the bit about using a clipped spring in conjunction with the power adjuster and reduced valve volume-at full adjustment it gives less than a standard hammer spring and the reduced valve lets less co2 out also

either way i can adapt the design to accommodate the power adjuster screw, as it is my first go lets just stick to the original design posted by eyeball..

one question, i will have a tinker with the spring and length of bolt, but was curious as the the length of bolt you ended up using..

will post pictures soon and maybe some results

though i am also working on a brass chambering section - idea is to lap the muzzle and breech end of the barrel for smoother pellet transition and exit which i wanted to finish before doing any chrony work..

cheers
    Andy

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewjames View Post

one question, i will have a tinker with the spring and length of bolt, but was curious as the the length of bolt you ended up using..

will post pictures soon and maybe some results

though i am also working on a brass chambering section - idea is to lap the muzzle and breech end of the barrel for smoother pellet transition and exit which i wanted to finish before doing any chrony work..

cheers
    Andy
    I can't recall offhand, if I have some time next week I will take it apart and measure it all up for you. I can tell you that when cocked the allen bolt protrudes from the rear 9mm (not including the head, but including the o-ring sitting under the head). When pulling the bolt back the hammer doesn't connect with the spring until over halfway through the stroke. You want the end of the spring guide sitting just inside the hammer.
    Bear in mind that my pistol is a .177 with a longer than standard barrel so you will have to fine tune it to .22 in (presumably?) standard barrel length.
    .22 should be more efficient, but I don't know if that will be cancelled out by the shorter barrel.

Lapping/re-crowning the barrel is a very good idea, Crosman leave them a bit rough. To crown I put them in the chuck of a drill ('the poor mans lathe') and use carbide bits, files and wet 'n dry to dress the muzzle.
    Good deals with these members