Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st and 2nd June 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I've sort of gone off the Mustang ownership idea, Tone. :-

https://www.cjponyparts.com/dynacorn...k-1968/p/68FB/

And that's the cheap option.
    Bloody hell!!! Nearly as expensive as a new Air Arms!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Aha.

Dave collected his new '99 from me earlier.

The look on his happy little smiling face unboxing it was priceless. Talk about proud new daddy!

And he said he could tell the difference in quality, robustness and finish straight away.

I'd previously explained that I wanted to go through open sight use with him and maybe to use it on the irons before fitting the scope. And also demonstrated how accurate you can be at close range with the opens. Took him a little time but then it clicked and he'll easily be able to nail those little ratties straight in the brainbox.

And this is yet another new HW that I've tried that is gloriously twang free and lovely straight out of the box; every one that I have tried in recent times has exhibited these characteristics. Fantastic firing cycle, very benign and printing tiny, tiny groups on paper with Field Target Trophies.

A very happy bunny he was.
    Sounds like he's going to enjoy Tone

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Sounds like he's going to enjoy Tone
    He most certainly will, Mike.

And I think it's yet another example of an airgun, first being borrowed, and later bought, where a "tool to do a job" ignites an interest in our wonderful hobby. Ratties first and then move onto informal targets, hopefully closely followed by a visit to Quigley Hollow.

Hopefully his neighbour with the big garden will have a go soon and discover the joys of airgun ownership.

We had a slight issue with his other friend who came along as, like a fair few people who I've met, he's right handed but left eye dominant. He was struggling trying to keep his left closed and couldn't focus on target and sights with his right eye and trying to shoot left handed was more than a little awkward. So he ended up declining taking any "live shots" last night, but will try Dave's '99 soon. Before they left I let him look the the Gamo scope which seemed easier, having only the crosshair and target to worry about / focus on.

Having not used either of my '99s in a while, it was also a strong reminder of how glorious these little rifles are for me. Lightweight and full powered, superb trigger, robust build and such a lovely, mild firing cycle aiding accuracy. I think it's all the rifle anyone would ever need (but when does just "need" come into it?) and all for hardly any more dosh than many "budget" rifles. It has all the hallmarks and quality we associate with Weihrauch and the feel of a keeper and heirloom.

Love 'em!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

And I think it's yet another example of an airgun, first being borrowed, and later bought, where a "tool to do a job" ignites an interest in our wonderful hobby. Ratties first and then move onto informal targets, hopefully closely followed by a visit to Quigley Hollow.

Hopefully his neighbour with the big garden will have a go soon and discover the joys of airgun ownership.

We had a slight issue with his other friend who came along as, like a fair few people who I've met, he's right handed but left eye dominant. He was struggling trying to keep his left closed and couldn't focus on target and sights with his right eye and trying to shoot left handed was more than a little awkward. So he ended up declining taking any "live shots" last night, but will try Dave's '99 soon. Before they left I let him look the the Gamo scope which seemed easier, having only the crosshair and target to worry about / focus on.

Having not used either of my '99s in a while, it was also a strong reminder of how glorious these little rifles are for me. Lightweight and full powered, superb trigger, robust build and such a lovely, mild firing cycle aiding accuracy. I think it's all the rifle anyone would ever need (but when does just "need" come into it?) and all for hardly any more dosh than many "budget" rifles. It has all the hallmarks and quality we associate with Weihrauch and the feel of a keeper and heirloom.

Love 'em!
    Good on you Tone.
    For introducing another newbie air gunner to the fold.
    I recon Pete(looknohands) will be more than tempted by your thoughts on the 99s,and will go get himself one for sure. .
    Atb
    Les..

Absolutely brilliant news, Ian.
    Having read and enjoyed your posts for many years it'll be great to finally meet you.
    And looking forward to seeing some of your vast collection and meeting your friends.
    Saturdays are the busiest days where you'll meet more people, so possibly the best for your first one day visit.
    This one promises to be huge. Back to its original month and the Birth of The Boinger Bash, the promise of more varied and "different" guns plus the natural growth resulting from previous newbies visiting and getting hooked on the wonderfully natured and relaxed ambience, morphing them into full-time Boingerati.
    See you in a few sleeps.
    BOING!
    I confirmed with Sniperphil last night that we would be coming down on the Saturday with Alan 'Licksalot'. What a bungle of laughs Alan is. Last time he smiled his dad had to give him gripe water. He didn't even laugh when his mother-in-law fell down the stairs. He said he thought it was the start of Eastenders.
    Anyway, I will sort out a few odd ball rifles (Webley one-offs and a pre production Omega) plus the rare, only two known BSF65.
    Looking forward to meeting all my fellow BBSers that I have 'spoken' to over the past few years.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Good on you Tone.
    For introducing another newbie air gunner to the fold.
    I recon Pete(looknohands) will be more than tempted by your thoughts on the 99s,and will go get himself one for sure. .
    Atb
    Les..
    Ah, cheers, Les.

As for Pete, not really sure about that. Maybe he will drop his guard one day and see the light, but I don't hold much hope.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I confirmed with Sniperphil last night that we would be coming down on the Saturday with Alan 'Licksalot'. What a bungle of laughs Alan is. Last time he smiled his dad had to give him gripe water. He didn't even laugh when his mother-in-law fell down the stairs. He said he thought it was the start of Eastenders.
    Anyway, I will sort out a few odd ball rifles (Webley one-offs and a pre production Omega) plus the rare, only two known BSF65.
    Looking forward to meeting all my fellow BBSers that I have 'spoken' to over the past few years.

ATB
    Ian
    And further confirmation of your sharp wit and infectious humour that makes you one of the very special (in the nicest way possible) BBS members, Ian.

As said previously, it'll be great to finally meet with you and to cast eyes on some of your wondrous and very rare guns.

Bring on The Boing!

Love 'em!

Well done Tone, your recruiting drive continues apace! Haven't owned a 99S myself over 10yrs, my old .22" was rough as buggery on cocking after a few shots....I trust your chum's one will be trouble free or easily righted. Handy rifles though and cheap.

Speaking of rats....I'm visiting a buddy in Lincs on Sat, he's just told me he saw 8 rats outside his back door yesterday below the bird feeder.

I'll take the Mk1 80. Since dropping the Williams aperture sight down from its Bucket bashing setting, it's back on near zero 6yds, far zero 40yds. These rats will be very close range. 16grains of JSB !!

Quote Originally Posted by Roundshot View Post
    Well done Tone, your recruiting drive continues apace! Haven't owned a 99S myself over 10yrs, my old .22" was rough as buggery on cocking after a few shots....I trust your chum's one will be trouble free or easily righted. Handy rifles though and cheap.

Speaking of rats....I'm visiting a buddy in Lincs on Sat, he's just told me he saw 8 rats outside his back door yesterday below the bird feeder.

I'll take the Mk1 80. Since dropping the Williams aperture sight down from its Bucket bashing setting, it's back on near zero 6yds, far zero 40yds. These rats will be very close range. 16grains of JSB !!
    Lovely! I think the combination of 16 grains of Mr JSB's finest, launched with fatal potency by your lovely '80 and precision steered by your sharp skills will be just the job for Roland and Co.

If you fancy adding to your collection, do give the '99 another chance, Ted. I'd almost forgotten how beautifully they shoot and their firing manners dispelling any preconceptions about how lightweight, full power springers should shoot. Many are trouble free, y'know. And the naughty ones can often be sorted by a simple dab of moly paste and, at the most, a little smoothing of one or two components.

Have fun on Saturday.

Just got in from Roland duty on a pig farm thank God I'm not at work tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Just got in from Roland duty on a pig farm thank God I'm not at work tomorrow
    Dirty stop out!

Hope you had a most fruitful session, Chris.

Cool Sleepometer says

Just 36 to go my friends.

BOING!

A tad steady on the boingery thread today.

How are we all doing, peeps?

Anyone partaking in some boingery therapy over the weekend?

Love 'em!
    It maybe worth the guy that's struggling with the sights keeping both eyes open. I'm left handed but shoot rifles right handed and also have trouble closing my left eye. I've practised recently in keeping both eyes open and it works a treat for me

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    It maybe worth the guy that's struggling with the sights keeping both eyes open. I'm left handed but shoot rifles right handed and also have trouble closing my left eye. I've practised recently in keeping both eyes open and it works a treat for me
    I shut both eyes --- I find it gives me a good excuse for being a shit shot.

I'm actually right handed but left eye dominant and I find it best if I shut my left eye when shooting.

I've not mastered shooting shotguns with both eyes open yet though there is a fibre optic sight in a tube I could buy to make life easier.