Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st and 2nd June 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Did it have a TOP ?

Bad boy !
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    How about this for timing?

Earlier this afternoon I was having a little plink in the back garden. I hadn't used any of the Ratties in a while, so I was just using the totally bog-standard 2240.

I'd heard my mobile pinging a text alert.

When I checked, it was my friend who had borrowed the Vipermax the other week to take care of some rats in his garden. He had brought it back last Tuesday and is in the market for a Boinger of his own. He hasn't had time to sort anything yet and he has been away for a few days to the coast with his wife.

They returned home today to find seven younger rolands all enjoying a bird seed feast on his lawn and basking in the sunshine. So, a visit was arranged. He has taken the Gamo again to keep him going (he's hoping to get a few of them this evening) and I've been entasked with getting him a rifle. So tomorrow I'll be ringing my friendly RFD and see if he'll do us a nice price on a nice, new little HW99S and, hopefully, collecting for him.

Sounds like his next door neighbour might be interested in seeing what it's all about (and has a 150 yards long back garden) and also one of his friends who I have recently spoken to about the joys of The Boing. So, hopefully, three new converts!
    Well done on the Missionary work Tone. Any chance you might get in on the Roland bashing fun ? Or.... get to play on that long range of a garden ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    No boingery action today Tone. However, a nice walk through the bluebell woods finishing with a cool pint of Harveys best bitter topped off the Easter weekend a treat!!!
    Certainly sounds like a most enjoyable weekend, Mikey.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Well done on the Missionary work Tone. Any chance you might get in on the Roland bashing fun ? Or.... get to play on that long range of a garden ?
    Other positions good too, Pauly.

Yep, always get a buzz from getting new people into the sport.

I think he'll be able to contend with his ratties just fine now, Pauly, but you read my mind perfectly re maybe helping them set a range up on the long garden.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Other positions good too, Pauly.

Yep, always get a buzz from getting new people into the sport.

I think he'll be able to contend with his ratties just fine now, Pauly, but you read my mind perfectly re maybe helping them set a range up on the long garden.
    They’re bound to need some advice on setting up a range Tone so get that ball rolling and you may have a private little club on the go

P.S having trouble replying to your PM mate, maybe phone chat soon ?
    Last edited by NewPaul; 22-04-2019 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    They’re bound to need some advice on setting up a range Tone so get that ball rolling and you may have a private little club on the go

P.S having trouble replying to your PM mate, maybe phone chat soon ?
    Yep, hopefully some fun to be had helping them get a range set up and meeting up for plinks. He lives about 30 miles away, though, so a shame he's not closer.

Space for pm now, bruv.

Enjoyed the last one.

And phone chat always something to look forward to, Pauly, anytime that's good for you.

Cool And into the thirties we go!

Sleepometer says 39 to go, good people.

BOING!

And The Sleepometer says 48 to go, peeps.

BOING!
    14 sleeps for the Insomniacs.

Just booked and paid for 3 people (Sniper Phil, Alan 'Licksalot' and myself) for a day. Probably the Saturday. Theres no way Im staying over with 'Licksalot' about. He would have the gold fillings out your teeth as you snored.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    14 sleeps for the Insomniacs.

Just booked and paid for 3 people (Sniper Phil, Alan 'Licksalot' and myself) for a day. Probably the Saturday. Theres no way Im staying over with 'Licksalot' about. He would have the gold fillings out your teeth as you snored.

ATB
    Ian
    Absolutely brilliant news, Ian.

Having read and enjoyed your posts for many years it'll be great to finally meet you.

And looking forward to seeing some of your vast collection and meeting your friends.

Saturdays are the busiest days where you'll meet more people, so possibly the best for your first one day visit.

This one promises to be huge. Back to its original month and the Birth of The Boinger Bash, the promise of more varied and "different" guns plus the natural growth resulting from previous newbies visiting and getting hooked on the wonderfully natured and relaxed ambience, morphing them into full-time Boingerati.

See you in a few sleeps.

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

ATB
    Ian
    Bloody hell, Tone, someone mentioned in SAR (the Holy Scriptures) coming to the Boinger Bash.

image.jpeg

We'll have no problem spotting the "Blackburn Three" though.

image.jpeg

Looking forward to meeting you all, and your payment has been received, Ian.

Payment also received from Jonny Neate, Unframed Dave, MikeHW45, New Paul, Neil54 and Les Allum.

Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Also planning to attend are my mates Diesel Dave and Cav --- Dave actually attended the first ever Bash and never managed to make it back.

And looking forward to seeing some of your vast collection and meeting your friends.

'Friends' is pushing it. I just consider them a couple of the few who can tolerate my crap jokes for more than an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

They are not from Blackburn. We do have our standards. (as low as they are).
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Is the boinger bash a family friendly event suitable for supervised children?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilnrLincoln View Post
    Is the boinger bash a family friendly event suitable for supervised children?
    Thanks.
    Yes, normally. The social side of things takes over after dark and there is a bit of imbibing going on until the wee small hours, but it's well away from the camping. You wouldn't be on your own in having your children attending.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Bloody hell, Tone, someone mentioned in SAR (the Holy Scriptures) coming to the Boinger Bash.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Looking forward to meeting you all, and your payment has been received, Ian.

We three Kings of Rivington are?