Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st and 2nd June 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Payment also received from Jonny Neate, Unframed Dave, MikeHW45, New Paul, Neil54 and Les Allum.

Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Also planning to attend are my mates Diesel Dave and Cav --- Dave actually attended the first ever Bash and never managed to make it back.
    Lovely, lovely jubblies!

I think I can kinda remember Dave.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    'Friends' is pushing it. I just consider them a couple of the few who can tolerate my crap jokes for more than an hour.

They are not from Blackburn. We do have our standards. (as low as they are).
    S'funny.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilnrLincoln View Post
    Is the boinger bash a family friendly event suitable for supervised children?
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Yes, normally. The social side of things takes over after dark and there is a bit of imbibing going on until the wee small hours, but it's well away from the camping. You wouldn't be on your own in having your children attending.
    Absolutely; perfectly fine, Neil.

And little Mia's mandatory.

New HW99S in .177 acquired for one new convert.

Plus a Hawke 'scope & mounts, gun bag and a tin of FTTs to get him going.

Here for safekeeping until he collects tomorrow evening when I'll go through 'scope mounting and zeroing.

He's bringing one of his friends with him (convert #2) too.

Oh yes, just in case it's of interest to any of you Theoben fans, the RFD has a Theoben Evolution. Nice condition, a few small marks on the stock. The thumbhole stock is very curvy and nice - think it's walnut? He'd let it go for £270. Not sure if that's a good price for one of these? If any of you fine chaps is interested, shout up and I'll pass RFD details on.

Absent friends

Hoping Neil180, 18 Wheeler and our lovely Rickenbacker can make it to this one.

And where has "New Bruce", Chris Allum been hiding of late?

Come to think of it, PaulSE's been a little quiet recently.

And.........WHERE IS HAL????????

38 sleepies to go, peeps.

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

I think I can kinda remember Dave.
    You will do after the next bash, Tone, he wants to trade his Zed Thou against a new Beemer and I've told him you're the man to talk to.

I've been a bit quiet on here over the holiday as something happened on Sunday that I can't get out of my head, I went round Dave's for a BBQ and mentioned the state of his neighbour's garage.
    Dave explained that his neighbour built the garage specially to rebuild an old car but he never got round to it and the car has sat in there untouched for the last 25 years.
    Since finding out what the car is I've been seriously trying to work out what it's worth and how much it will cost to get back to new condition, I think I better call in at Retropower for a worse case scenario quote on the bodywork --- even though the car was built in 1968 most of the body panels are still made in America.

I'll let you know how I get on.

You will do after the next bash, Tone, he wants to trade his Zed Thou against a new Beemer and I've told him you're the man to talk to.

I've been a bit quiet on here over the holiday as something happened on Sunday that I can't get out of my head, I went round Dave's for a BBQ and mentioned the state of his neighbour's garage.
    Dave explained that his neighbour built the garage specially to rebuild an old car but he never got round to it and the car has sat in there untouched for the last 25 years.
    Since finding out what the car is I've been seriously trying to work out what it's worth and how much it will cost to get back to new condition, I think I better call in at Retropower for a worse case scenario quote on the bodywork --- even though the car was built in 1968 most of the body panels are still made in America.

Well, that's a teaser if ever there was one Mick. I doubt I'll get it out of my head now until you say what it is

BTW, payment sent, see you in June

Well, that's a teaser if ever there was one Mick. I doubt I'll get it out of my head now until you say what it is

BTW, payment sent, see you in June
    The clues are all there, Mark --- and there's only one American car from 1968 I'd want on my drive.

I'll stick a picture up later of the original car.

And I'll update the payment list later.

Chevrolet matiz?

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Photo taken this morning at Quigley Hollow:

HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

The clues are all there, Mark --- and there's only one American car from 1968 I'd want on my drive.

I'll stick a picture up later of the original car.

And I'll update the payment list later.
    My guess would be a Mustang

My guess would be a Mustang
    Correct, Mark, the same as this one :-

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Photo taken this morning at Quigley Hollow:

Very close, Paul, so I've bought you a badge as a consolation prize :-

image.jpeg

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Correct, Mark, the same as this one :-

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpeg

Got one in red.

Chippendale (with clothes on)