Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st and 2nd June 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    It maybe worth the guy that's struggling with the sights keeping both eyes open. I'm left handed but shoot rifles right handed and also have trouble closing my left eye. I've practised recently in keeping both eyes open and it works a treat for me
    Cheers for that, Mike. I'll talk further with him. The other night he was trying to shoulder the rifle right handed but putting all his face across the top of the comb to use his left eye which really wasn't going to work. Methinks he may be better to train himself to shoot left handed. I once had to show a young lady how to do this at a previous Bash. Again, right handed but left eye dominant. After a brief training session and not having previously ever shot a gun, she was merrily taking spinners with my TX at around 35 yards in quite blustery conditions.

Graeme, Vale Boy, remembers her well, eh Graeme????
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I shut both eyes --- I find it gives me a good excuse for being a shit shot.

I'm actually right handed but left eye dominant and I find it best if I shut my left eye when shooting.

I've not mastered shooting shotguns with both eyes open yet though there is a fibre optic sight in a tube I could buy to make life easier.
    Shit shot? Methinks you telly little porkies, Mick, having seen you belt the bucket on a number of occasions.....cold, no practice shots, pick gun up, shoot, knock bucket down (was it at least three in a row once?), put gun down, continue chatting.

I was trying to get the chap to close his left eye, but he was struggling and his vision in his right eye is nowhere near as sharp as the left, in addition to being left eye dominant. I suggested a visit and a chat with a good optician may also be helpful.

Anyways, better stop talking about dominant this and that........we'll be getting Transporter Ray all excited!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Lightbulb Five Weeks To Go Alert.

BOING!

Yes, my little Band of Boingery Brothers, just 35 sleeps to go.

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Cheers for that, Mike. I'll talk further with him. The other night he was trying to shoulder the rifle right handed but putting all his face across the top of the comb to use his left eye which really wasn't going to work. Methinks he may be better to train himself to shoot left handed. I once had to show a young lady how to do this at a previous Bash. Again, right handed but left eye dominant. After a brief training session and not having previously ever shot a gun, she was merrily taking spinners with my TX at around 35 yards in quite blustery conditions.

Curious you should mention her Tony and that I should remember her!!.... I wonder how??!

Well what I recollect was she had an exceptionally well-upholstered jacket that accommodated my left-hand TX200 which probably shortened the distance to the bucket considerably! Anyway she was right on the money with it and no doubt her ‘recoil absorbing jacket’ had much to do with it!!😉

Having just been over to check on the Pollytunnel, I can confirm It's not bucket bashing weather --- I think you'd have to allow four foot of windage today.

I'm just praying for the wind to drop.

Fingers crossed, no damage mate
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

A pair of glasses with 1 lens obscured with a tissue or similar can help. I saw some one learning to shoot with an old pair of sunglasses with one lens removed and the other obscuered
    Pete

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Having just been over to check on the Pollytunnel, I can confirm It's not bucket bashing weather --- I think you'd have to allow four foot of windage today.

1 and a half mildots at 33 yards this morning Mick. Up and down too
    Pete

Winds now easing a little.

Hope the tunnel has survived unscathed, Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by VALE BOY View Post
    Curious you should mention her Tony and that I should remember her!!.... I wonder how??!

Well what I recollect was she had an exceptionally well-upholstered jacket that accommodated my left-hand TX200 which probably shortened the distance to the bucket considerably! Anyway she was right on the money with it and no doubt her ‘recoil absorbing jacket’ had much to do with it!!😉
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    A pair of glasses with 1 lens obscured with a tissue or similar can help.
    Haha! I knew from your comments at a recent Bash that you had remembered young Amanda, Graeme.

Maybe obscuring both lenses would have helped contain Graeme's exuberance, Pete.

And the BOX of tissues just in case.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How

Hoping it all holds up for us all mate. It’s been blowing a Hoolie here today and was on its way to you
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Hope the tunnel servives and as for wind ive got my first gp shoot tomorrow at millride 15-20 mph wind should be fun with the tx200

The Love Tunnel?

Hi Mick,

How's our beloved tunnel looking today?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanok2002 View Post
    Hope the tunnel servives and as for wind ive got my first gp shoot tomorrow at millride 15-20 mph wind should be fun with the tx200
    Best of luck for today, Al; hope you have a good one.

Cool And The Sleepy-o-Meter says

34 to go, peeps.

BOING!