Page 17 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st and 2nd June 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I think the 75 is a keeper mate. I find it hard to part with any of them to be honest. I always regretted selling my HW35 Lochschafte when I was around 18 years old. That's why it was such a bonus when Dave put his up for sale. I like the 75 for its indoor usability being rather low powered but super accurate
    Fully appreciated, Mike.

If I had one I wouldn't be selling it, either.

Like you, I'd not want to part with any of mine. Even the little Gamo and manky looking Supersport couldn't be parted with. And certainly not any of the HWs, even though there are a few duplicates.

So glad you managed to be reunited with the 35, mate.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Of course, I have hundreds of caplets
    Cheers matey.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    No problem, Mel.

You know I'm happy to let anyone have a man hug from me.

All the best Mick
    Lol!

No problem, Mel.

You know I'm happy to let anyone at the bash play with any of my guns.

All the best Mick
    I think we'll need our Mel to be sat down with a nice rest, Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Fully appreciated, Mike.

If I had one I wouldn't be selling it, either.

Like you, I'd not want to part with any of mine. Even the little Gamo and manky looking Supersport couldn't be parted with. And certainly not any of the HWs, even though there are a few duplicates.

So glad you managed to be reunited with the 35, mate.
    Its funny how we become attached to things. I've even got a couple of G10's which barely have the power to get the pellet out of the barrel and if it does work you haven't got much chance of a hit. But somehow i'd even be reluctant to part with them

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Any photos of these Diana 54s, don't think i've ever seen one never mind shoot one unless there has been one at the bash and i've not known what it is?

Cheers

Melv

Chippendale (with clothes on)
    Can’t believe you didn’t see mine Mel, I’m sure I took it along to one of the Bashes a couple of years ago.
    Mine shot unbelievably well but being a southpaw I never got on with the right handed cocking side lever and the rifle is no lightweight weighing in at approx 9 lb plus scope. Ok for a spell of bench shooting but a heavy air rifle for hunting. I personally preferred my .22 HW 80 for that purpose and like the AA TX200 I would handle it better if I had 3 arms !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Can’t believe you didn’t see mine Mel, I’m sure I took it along to one of the Bashes a couple of years ago.
    Mine shot unbelievably well but being a southpaw I never got on with the right handed cocking side lever and the rifle is no lightweight weighing in at approx 9 lb plus scope. Ok for a spell of bench shooting but a heavy air rifle for hunting. I personally preferred my .22 HW 80 for that purpose and like the AA TX200 I would handle it better if I had 3 arms !
    If it's any consolation I'm right handed and I don't get on with cocking my 54 John.

As the breech cutout is biased to the right I find myself letting go of the cocking lever in order to load right handed and even with the anti bear trap it doesn't feel safe, so as you say, having three arms would help.

A few website have the weight of the 54 at 9.9 lbs before scope, so it is one hell of a lump to lug around for a 12ftlb power output.

The 54 was obviously designed for FAC use and for export to countries where it's 20+ ftlbs could be used to its full potential.

It's a shame Diana didn't build a 12ftlbs lightweight baby brother to the 54 for field use, this could also have been tuned down to use as a bell target gun, giving a modern day FWB300s.

If it's any consolation I'm right handed and I don't get on with cocking my 54 John.

As the breech cutout is biased to the right I find myself letting go of the cocking lever in order to load right handed and even with the anti bear trap it doesn't feel safe, so as you say, having three arms would help.
    In the past any desire to get a 52 or 54 series Diana has been well and truly quashed by this awkwardness and safety issues.

33 sleeps to go, peeps.

BOING!

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    No problem, Mel.

You know I'm happy to let anyone at the bash play with any of my guns.

All the best Mick

Cheers Mick, looking forward to it.

Melv

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I think we'll need our Mel to be sat down with a nice rest, Mick.
    Are you trying to tell me something Tony.

Melv

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Don't recall seeing it to be honest John, but if its a lefty i probably wouldn't take much notice.

Cheers

Melv

Chippendale (with clothes on)ing

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Don't recall seeing it to be honest John, but if its a lefty i probably wouldn't take much notice.

Cheers

Melv

Chippendale (with clothes on)ing
    It’s a big “heavy” lefty Mel, you wouldn’t have missed it !
    “An airgun or two”………

A few website have the weight of the 54 at 9.9 lbs before scope, so it is one hell of a lump to lug around for a 12ftlb power output.

The 54 was obviously designed for FAC use and for export to countries where it's 20+ ftlbs could be used to its full potential.

It's a shame Diana didn't build a 12ftlbs lightweight baby brother to the 54 for field use, this could also have been tuned down to use as a bell target gun, giving a modern day FWB300s.
    Agree wholeheartedly Mick !
    “An airgun or two”………

I have a 54 you're welcome to play with Mike, these use an identical action to the 56, and Nick is just having a fiddle with a 54 for the next Bash.

There's a bit of cost cutting with a few of the action components on these but the sledge system works well enough on them.
    They're actually designed to run at 20+ Ftlbs and new ones are fitted with a transfer port restrictor for the UK market, but it's easy enough to fit a weaker spring and remove the restrictor for 12ftlb use --- there's no point cocking a 20ftlbs of Spring to get 12ftlbs out.
    ive just fettled a diana k98 mauser i think they are ment to do 18ftlb plus same action as diana 460 also fitted with a transfer port restrictor washer to reduce power to sub 12 anyway 30 odd grams taken off piston by milling 3 slots in it restrictor washer out and was still doing 16ftlb plus so drilled washer out to 3mm as it was 2mm before power down to 14plus so shortened spring 3 times now doing 10.9 and people who sjot it said its nice to shoot can fetch to june bash if anyone wants a play