Page 20 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st and 2nd June 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Sleepometer says

Just 30 to go, peeps.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Fantastic country for
    Shooting and fishing Mark, drove through Killin last October during the autumn storms and the Falls of Dochart looked amazing in flood !
    Aye up John , Played golf at Killin Golf Club a few years back, lovely part of the country, was staying in a B&B in Strathyre that was next door to the Munro Inn, the falls looked very impressive even though they weren't in flood.
    The course, although only nine holes was a very good and really hard test of golf, its described as one of the most beautiful nine hole golf courses in Scotland , and I can believe it it was a really lovely course.

Melv

Chippendale (with clothes on)

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Aye up John , Played golf at Killin Golf Club a few years back, lovely part of the country, was staying in a B&B in Strathyre that was next door to the Munro Inn, the falls looked very impressive even though they weren't in flood.
    The course, although only nine holes was a very good and really hard test of golf, its described as one of the most beautiful nine hole golf courses in Scotland , and I can believe it it was a really lovely course.

Melv

Chippendale (with clothes on)
    That’ll be the course at the head of the loch, it was under water at the time I drove past !
    I’ll fish on Loch Tay at some point probably at the other end at Kenmore. That’s not too far from me !
    “An airgun or two”………

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Be great to to see you again, John.

Didn't realise bunnies were classed as wild birds, John.

Many aspects of Scotland sound positively lovely, John, especially the beautiful and varied scenery.
    Not many rabbits and no greys near me Tony due to three large local sporting estates but as a consequence I have a garden often frequented by pheasant and partridge. These I enjoy seeing and obviously leave well alone. The downside is that the pheasant in particular are frequent victims to traffic all around the area.
    “An airgun or two”………

On my way to work I drive along a road bordered by a game estate, John. You often see proper dozy pheasants sat on the grass verges and on the stone walls lining the road.

And on the Saturday morning I'll often see five or six that have been run over. It almost seems like they've been out on a Friday night lash up, got totally hammered and lost all road sense!

Or maybe the keepers / drivers have started flushing then early??????
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Bash Sales Thread

Just a quick thought, peeps.

Isn't it usually around the "30 days to go" marker that someone starts the Sales Thread off?

Not selling anything myself, but might be tempted by a nice little 2-7x32 with nice glass of anyone has one?

Air Arms S400 stock needed.

Hi peeps,

One of my customers for in touch today. He's the very nice chap who gave me the manky looking Supersport last year.

Well, his sister had borrowed an S400 Classic to take care of a little ratty problem. Somehow she's managed to drop it, breaking the stock clean across the pistol grip. Looking at the pictures it must be a fairly late one with the fishy scales in beech. It's a carbine, if that makes a difference?

If anyone knows the whereabouts of one, give us a shout, please.

Looking at the pictures, it looks like the front mount has also got damaged in the drop, so hoping that the breech block and scope aren't damaged. And (although I couldn't tell clearly from the photos), I'm not sure if there are also marks on the barrel (breech end) and on that "collar" at the breech.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Hi peeps,

One of my customers for in touch today. He's the very nice chap who gave me the manky looking Supersport last year.

Well, his sister had borrowed an S400 Classic to take care of a little ratty problem. Somehow she's managed to drop it, breaking the stock clean across the pistol grip. Looking at the pictures it must be a fairly late one with the fishy scales in beech. It's a carbine, if that makes a difference?

If anyone knows the whereabouts of one, give us a shout, please.

Looking at the pictures, it looks like the front mount has also got damaged in the drop, so hoping that the breech block and scope aren't damaged. And (although I couldn't tell clearly from the photos), I'm not sure if there are also marks on the barrel (breech end) and on that "collar" at the breech.
    Oh Dear, that’s some drop Tone . If it’s anything like the S410, the barrels are fairly thin walled (compared to my HW100 anyway) but hopefully it hasn’t bent . The barrel may have shifted but held off centre by the barrel band which when released (the band) it will hopefully return to centre.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Just a quick thought, peeps.

Isn't it usually around the "30 days to go" marker that someone starts the Sales Thread off?

Not selling anything myself, but might be tempted by a nice little 2-7x32 with nice glass of anyone has one?
    The Hawke airmax 2-7 x 32 is a beautiful little scope. Really reasonable on the Optics Warehouse

I have a S400 stock Tone. Pm me if interested
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Oh Dear, that’s some drop Tone . If it’s anything like the S410, the barrels are fairly thin walled (compared to my HW100 anyway) but hopefully it hasn’t bent . The barrel may have shifted but held off centre by the barrel band which when released (the band) it will hopefully return to centre.
    Yep, I'd remembered the barrel securing issue from previous posts Pauly, cheers.

As you say matey, looking at the photos it's had a right good old whack! To break the stock in two and, by the looks of it, further damage! It's one of the reasons why I don't like to lend stuff out. I felt a little awkward the other week when that chap asked to borrow a gun to shoot his rats. But I've known him a while and insisted that he collected it from me so I could talk him thorough safety and technique etc. Even so, I was so relieved when it returned unscathed and the extra bonus being that he and one of his friends now have boingers of their own.

But to not take care of someone else's gun, no matter what value, but especially what I'd consider to be a top-end expensive gun........!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    The Hawke airmax 2-7 x 32 is a beautiful little scope. Really reasonable on the Optics Warehouse
    I'd love one, Mike, having looked through one or two at Her Royal Quigliness. Including yours, I believe.

But out of my price range at the moment.

I really want a HW75 at some point. The most likely opportunity might arise much later in the year if I club up all my birthday and Christmas money up and add to it and any spend in the meantime will hold that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    PM inbound, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    In like Flynn.

Mind you I can't really say anything, I was once following a lad on a blue Honda 50 stepthrough when he crashed and bent his forks and front wheel and smashed a load of other tinwork --- within half an hour I'd sold him the pink Honda 70 I had on my scrap heap.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    In like Flynn.

Mind you I can't really say anything, I was once following a lad on a blue Honda 50 stepthrough when he crashed and bent his forks and front wheel and smashed a load of other tinwork --- within half an hour I'd sold him the pink Honda 70 I had on my scrap heap.
    Hahaha! Forever the knight in shining armour, Mick.