Page 21 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st and 2nd June 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    In like Flynn.

Mind you I can't really say anything, I was once following a lad on a blue Honda 50 stepthrough when he crashed and bent his forks and front wheel and smashed a load of other tinwork --- within half an hour I'd sold him the pink Honda 70 I had on my scrap heap.
    Nice one Mick!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Nice one Mick!!!!
    The full story's a bit more involved, Mike.

We chucked the lad's 50 in the back of my Hilux and we took it to my workshop by way of recovering it off the side of the road.
    At my workshop we stood his 50 next to my 70 and I lent him all the tools he needed, and off he went swapping parts over like a good un.
    He ended up with a blue and pink stepthrough which I saw him riding around for at least ten years afterwards --- I bet buying my 70 was the best £20 he'd ever spent.

Obviously being on L plates we didn't fit the 70 engine.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Just a quick thought, peeps.

Isn't it usually around the "30 days to go" marker that someone starts the Sales Thread off?
    Yes, it's about that time, Tone.

Obviously I'll be doing my best not to buy any more guns.

We chucked the lad's 50 in the back of my Hilux and we took it to my workshop by way of recovering it off the side of the road.
    At my workshop we stood his 50 next to my 70 and I lent him all the tools he needed, and off he went swapping parts over like a good un.
    He ended up with a blue and pink stepthrough which I saw him riding around for at least ten years afterwards --- I bet buying my 70 was the best £20 he'd ever spent.

A bargain £20 spend indeed.

And it'll have been the quickest "50" around.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Obviously I'll be doing my best not to buy any more guns.
    And fail spectacularly!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

The little step throughs were bullet proof lol. My mate had a Cub 70 on the road and we used to take it over the wastelands when we were kids. When we come off we used to bash it back into shape and carry on. I had a little Kwaka AR50 which was great fun too!!

Lightbulb Sleepy-o-meter says!

29 to go, peeps.

Nearlier, nearly there.

BOING!

Emma's work shifts have changed and she now works Sunday-Wednesday, getting up at 4.30am and there's no holiday slots available for the Sunday so unfortunately we'll have to be leaving early Saturday afternoon.
    I think we'll come down on the Thursday if that's ok.
    Mike, I've found the bag of "O" rings for the Nick G piston which I'll bring along for you.
    We look forward to seeing you all there.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    Emma's work shifts have changed and she now works Sunday-Wednesday, getting up at 4.30am and there's no holiday slots available for the Sunday so unfortunately we'll have to be leaving early Saturday afternoon.
    Mike, I've found the bag of "O" rings for the Nick G piston which I'll bring along for you.
    Cheers Gary, much appreciated That's a bugger you have to disappear on the Saturday but a bonus to see you guys on the Thursday. I love the Thursday and Friday at the bash.

Cheers Gary, much appreciated That's a bugger you have to disappear on the Saturday but a bonus to see you guys on the Thursday. I love the Thursday and Friday at the bash.
    Sorry to hear that you may have to make an early exit, Gary, but at least you'll have had a most excellent couple of days at The Hollow.

Saturdays are always the busiest days, with so many people to talk to, newbies to greet and lovely boingery toys to see. But they can sometimes be a bit of a blur with so, so much happening. I find the Sunday afternoons a proper chill out time. And I have managed to get down on the odd Thursday or Friday in the past, when it's all a little quieter, so know where you're coming from, Mikey. One day I'll manage to get a big, fat four day stint in!

Sales Thread.

I see Paul, Mach1.5, has kindly kicked off the Bash Sales Thread, chaps.

Nice one, Paul.

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Thursday arrivals are a good time Gary, pretty chilled and plenty of space at the shooting bench 😎
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Cool Just four weeks to go!

Yep, just 28 little sleepies to go, my friends (just 41 extra "little" ones to enjoy, Pauly) and around the mid twenties for some even luckier peeps.

It's coming, and coming fast.........BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    One day I'll manage to get a big, fat four day stint in!
    Go for it Tone. Would be great to see you there on the razzle!!!

Go for it Tone. Would be great to see you there on the razzle!!!
    That might be a little messy, Mike.

I can't remember the last time I had more than a couple of tinnies of John Smith's.

Be fun trying, mind.......