Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st and 2nd June 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Mmmm, me too.
    You should be able to being as I emailed all of them to you this morning.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    You should be able to being as I emailed all of them to you this morning.

Dave
    Ah, when I first got the iPad open this evening it looked like there were no new e-mails. I've just pinged into the mail icon and it looks like there's a great big wad of them coming through.

Marvellous!

Logging off now, will look at the piccies, see you all laterz!

Thank you, Dave.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Some fantastic pictures there, Dave.

Bloody hell, that hot, balmy Saturday feels like it was ages ago now, especially with the wet stuff coming down in bucketloads at the moment.

Seeing those lovely pics of chilled out, lovely peeps having boingering fun in the sun's a lovely tonic.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Cheers, in the diary.

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    In the diary it goes!! Somehow need to squeeze some work in around these amazing fun times!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    In the diary and paid for
    Lovely jubblies! Gagging for it already!

Quote Originally Posted by MrChipShoulder View Post
    I don't know if anybody is interested or not, but I was talking to a guy (sorry, don't know your name ) Saturday evening, and we started talking archery !!

Short story shorter, I asked Mick if the bash could accommodate an archery lane in September?
    Mick has very kindly said yes, and whats more, there is even a boss on site

So if anybody has a some sticks they'd like to throw at some straw next bash, you can
    I've not talked to anybody other than Mick via a short PM about this, but may I suggest some very basic suggestions for safety ?

No high power bows?
    Compounds set to a lower poundage?

I think Some field archery would be a fantastic extra talking point at the bash, and I'm guessing some of you have some beautiful archery kit?

Any thoughts?

Rob.
    Bad Daz brought a bow along on his first visit and I have very vivid recollections of young Emma being a crack shot with it!

I also seem to remember Daz commenting about a great number of arrows were gone, never to be seen again.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Mmmmm ? Harvested material sounds a good idea.......:
    I'm not quite sure why, but having Little Pauly Boy and "harvested material" in the same sentence just seems to make me a little edgy?????.

Quote Originally Posted by MrChipShoulder View Post
    I don't know if anybody is interested or not, but I was talking to a guy (sorry, don't know your name ) Saturday evening, and we started talking archery !!

Short story shorter, I asked Mick if the bash could accommodate an archery lane in September?
    Mick has very kindly said yes, and whats more, there is even a boss on site

So if anybody has a some sticks they'd like to throw at some straw next bash, you can
    I've not talked to anybody other than Mick via a short PM about this, but may I suggest some very basic suggestions for safety ?

No high power bows?
    Compounds set to a lower poundage?

I think Some field archery would be a fantastic extra talking point at the bash, and I'm guessing some of you have some beautiful archery kit?

Any thoughts?

Rob.
    Hello mate, i brought a bow and about 40 arrows to the bash once, they lasted about 10 minutes, you will need the grass very short if you dont want to lose them lol

Quote Originally Posted by BAD DAZ View Post
    Hello mate, i brought a bow and about 40 arrows to the bash once, they lasted about 10 minutes.
    !!!!!!!!!

Smile Wobblies!

So, continuing with the slightly more focussed "side themes" of the last two Bashes, ie HW30 in April and "different" for June, how about a "Wobbly September"?

Nope, I don't mean people shooting when drunk, but how about a showing of Wobbly Webley pistols? Or, giving it a slightly wider catchment, potentially wobbly breeches which would bring in guns like the Meteor, Mercury, Supersport, Lightning, Hawk, Vulcan etc??

I could bring a Tempest and Supersport and I just know that many attendees would have a good selection of wobbly tackle!

And The Sleepometer says......."91 to go" for the September Bash.

BOING!

So, continuing with the slightly more focussed "side themes" of the last two Bashes, ie HW30 in April and "different" for June, how about a "Wobbly September"?

Nope, I don't mean people shooting when drunk, but how about a showing of Wobbly Webley pistols? Or, giving it a slightly wider catchment, potentially wobbly breeches which would bring in guns like the Meteor, Mercury, Supersport, Lightning, Hawk, Vulcan etc??

I could bring a Tempest and Supersport and I just know that many attendees would have a good selection of wobbly tackle!
    Sounds good Tone!!! I have a Webley tempest and an old Diana pop out barrel pistol I can bring. Be lucky to hit the field with the Diana to be honest though

Excellent, Mikey.

Be nice to see a healthy contingent of British sporting breech pin break barrels. I really enjoyed shooting Mr Dayglowfroggy's Mark II Vulcan last week. Brought back memories of one I owned back in the day, but also far nicer shooting than I remember and, also, a good deal "chunkier".

The weather's a little different to last Saturday, isn't it, peeps?

My Innova was a bit wobbly in the stock. It's gone though so can't use that to qualify

In market for something else. But what..

Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post
    My Innova was a bit wobbly in the stock. It's gone though so can't use that to qualify

In market for something else. But what..
    Great to hear the Innova's gone, Wills. I know you were keen on it going to live somewhere else.

Wobbly break barrels aren't usually too rare so I'm sure you'll find one without looking too hard.

Great to hear the Innova's gone, Wills. I know you were keen on it going to live somewhere else.

Wobbly break barrels aren't usually too rare so I'm sure you'll find one without looking too hard.
    I was sort of half hearted but decided that as I wasn't using it to hunt and fancied another gun to shoot out of my car with I'd move it on to fund a new toy. Thinking 99S, 95K, 77K or a 97. Ideally in .177, certainly for the last two so as to be different from the .22 77 I have on longterm loan.

I actually had a nice wobbly (until I tightened up the bolt) MK1 Mercury that I flogged for £65 to part fund my HW100. Do like the 100 but wish I still had that Mercury.