Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st and 2nd June 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    You talking about pin break barrels may just get me moving on the mk1 Meteor. I reckon I can get it to run at 8ftlb but going to have to pellet test a bit. She doesn't seem to like the 4.52 Exacts I put through everything else
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post
    I was sort of half hearted but decided that as I wasn't using it to hunt and fancied another gun to shoot out of my car with I'd move it on to fund a new toy. Thinking 99S, 95K, 77K or a 97. Ideally in .177, certainly for the last two so as to be different from the .22 77 I have on longterm loan.

I actually had a nice wobbly (until I tightened up the bolt) MK1 Mercury that I flogged for £65 to part fund my HW100. Do like the 100 but wish I still had that Mercury.
    There's a .22 HW99 for sale, page 3 in sales, Will. £140. Crawley.

I'm no Mercury expert, but did the Mark 1 have a breech bolt? (Unless it was retro-fitted, or an 'S', but was there an 'S' in Mark 1 guise? As I say, I'm far from an expert on them).
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    You talking about pin break barrels may just get me moving on the mk1 Meteor. I reckon I can get it to run at 8ftlb but going to have to pellet test a bit. She doesn't seem to like the 4.52 Exacts I put through everything else
    An early Meteor will do nicely, Pete. Hope you get it as desired.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

90 to go, peeps.

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    There's a .22 HW99 for sale, page 3 in sales, Will. £140. Crawley.

I'm no Mercury expert, but did the Mark 1 have a breech bolt? (Unless it was retro-fitted, or an 'S', but was there an 'S' in Mark 1 guise? As I say, I'm far from an expert on them).
    Yeah I saw that. I wont have time to get down to Crawley to collect it unfortunately. It's got the stock I want and does look very tidy. Am watching it in case he becomes open to some negotiation on a posted price

I'm pretty sure I did slightly overtighten the breech at one point many years back so may not have been a Mark 1 or as you say, retrofitted bolt (although back then I'm not sure my family would have been in much contact with people modifying guns). Maybe I'm just a bit hazy on details lol

I hope you get a '99 sorted, Will. And that one does look a good buy.

A cheap little wobbly should, hopefully, be easy to come by, too!

Can anyone advise on the dates of the next Kempton classic arms fair. Having just picked up a stunning N0.4 Lee Enfield Deact, I would love to head to Kempton for a browse. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Can anyone advise on the dates of the next Kempton classic arms fair. Having just picked up a stunning N0.4 Lee Enfield Deact, I would love to head to Kempton for a browse. cheers
    30th of June, Mikey.

Well done re the Enfield matey.

Would love to get to Kempton, but will struggle. But I just have to get myself a little Light Pattern one day and I think Kempton will be the place to find one. From everything I've read about this excellent event, be prepared to want lots of things!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    30th of June, Mikey.

Well done re the Enfield matey.

Would love to get to Kempton, but will struggle. But I just have to get myself a little Light Pattern one day and I think Kempton will be the place to find one. From everything I've read about this excellent event, be prepared to want lots of things!
    Thanks Tone, i'm definitely going to head to that one. Also interested in the Chatham militaria fair. I'm trying to (over the next few years) put together the complete kit of a world war 2 British infantry personnel for display!!

Fast work Mikey! Has it got a pig sticker bayonet with it or is that what you seek amongst other things at Kempton?

Thanks Tone, i'm definitely going to head to that one. Also interested in the Chatham militaria fair. I'm trying to (over the next few years) put together the complete kit of a world war 2 British infantry personnel for display!!
    Gotcha, Mikey.

And I bet there are lots more things just winking at you at Kempton.

89 sleeps to go, peeps.

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by Roundshot View Post
    Fast work Mikey! Has it got a pig sticker bayonet with it or is that what you seek amongst other things at Kempton?
    It has the later (knife bayonet) with this one Ted, with the same fitment as the pig sticker. It was pure chance coming across this Lee Enfield. I popped into my local RFD for a tin of superdomes and he had just received this particular rifle a couple of days prior to my visit. Its in absolutely superb condition dated 1943. I also done some research on the lovely Swedish bayonet and earlier Lee Enfield bayonet that I purchased from you. Its actually amazing what can be found out about a particular item using the serial numbers that are present. It kind of equates to being a tiny doorway into a vast history. Very interesting indeed!!
    Last edited by MikeHW45; 10-06-2019 at 05:09 AM.

Unframed Dave is online now World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Meet up for a coffee? That les allam blokes going as well, usually a few other bash reprobates. There's a burger van that does a reasonable brew on site.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Meet up for a coffee? That les allam blokes going as well, usually a few other bash reprobates. There's a burger van that does a reasonable brew on site.

Dave
    Sounds good to me Dave!! I'll look forward to seeing you chaps at the end of the month.