Thread: Rws superfield pellets

Rws superfield pellets

Hi all what is the general opinion on the rws superfeild pellets . I have been using the Superdome and I find these are a half decent pellet. Agrees with my xs19 and Pr900w. I am only shooting paper at the min . But I may have a permission on the cards ( rats ) . I am only wondering as the Superdome is a little bit tight in my Pr900w magazine. Are the superfeild more suitable for a pcp .
    Many thanks
    Steve

I find these good pellets in my daystate regal but on rats they go straight through.
    I switched to jsb heavies for abit more of a wack on rabbits and squizzies and now use h&n baracuda or hollow points on rats only shooting them to 15meters.

Try abit of pellet testing to see which pellets yours likes

This is based on .177
    Daystate Regal xl .177 / Hawke niteeye 6-24x50irsf...
    Weihrauch HW97 .22 tbt kit / Hawke sidewinder 30 10×42...

2 ferrets and a net...

Quote Originally Posted by ElmerFudd.177 View Post

Try a bit of pellet testing to see which pellets yours likes
    'Tis the only way.

Steve, buying a full tin of a good selection of quality pellets can prove rather expensive, so maybe worth investing in some sample packs? The cost per pellet will work out higher, but trying a good variety of pellets is both interesting and eye-opening.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Out of tin they are decent.

Sized they are very very good.

I have ordered a tin see how I go . Thanks for your advise tony I will try a few different samples of pellet. See how they fair .

Well the superfeild arrived today . Seems both my guns don’t like them grouping were not great. So think my guns both prefer Superdome. I will try a few different samples as advised have a play

Quote Originally Posted by Stebrad10 View Post
    Well the superfeild arrived today . Seems both my guns don’t like them grouping were not great. So think my guns both prefer Superdome. I will try a few different samples as advised have a play
    Hi, I've noticed if o e of my rifles likes superdomes it tends to like h&n ftt even more so I'm thinking it's to do with the head larger head size both the pellets tend to have.

Just tryed superfield in my MK1 .177 rapid and it loves them

I use a flat headed pellets for rats as they give more thump if you get a drink can and shoot at it about 15yards a dome pellets go straight through but a flat head pushes the can in before it penetrates the can it's worth trying you Will be surprised with the difference and gives you some practice for the rats i use to use vermin pell

i too use flatheads(rws geco & hobby)in both my .177 rifles for rats which are spot on accuracy wise and never go straight through.both rifles are doing about 10.5 ftlb.
    charlie.
    umarex perfecta .177 ww tuned,spring kit & trigger,bsa 3-9x40 bsa essential ao
    Smk xs19 .177,ww kit,ww trigger,o-ring piston head,Nikko 6x40 PX ao
    Ratworks gamo phox .177,bsa essential wr 3x9x40

!

Quote Originally Posted by Stebrad10 View Post
    i have not yet had a gun that dose like them and i have had quite alot, but superdomes are good quite alot of the time.
    HW50 Stainless, HW77k SE Forest Laminate.20, HW80 Project .22, HW100 laminate . 177,

I too have not had much luck with RWS superfields - I've only found them so-so at best.

All of my rifles like JSBs in one form or an other and the FN19 shoots superdome really well (ballistics not great though...).

I have been having a plink with both the superfeild and superdome and I find the superfeild grouping has nothing on the Superdome . Pellet on pellet so I have found my rifles pellet of choice. Had a lot of fun testing.