Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Most sorely missed airgun manufacturer?

Titan ! they brought PCPs to the masses (well me anyway )

I suppose the lesson we have all learned is to appreciate them whilst they were here, Air Arms carry on the quality and flavour we all expect from a British manufacturer, unless they have been taken over by foreign interest? I really do miss the days of BSA and Webley etc or maybe I'm just getting old?
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

Sportsmatch GC2

Quote Originally Posted by DAFY555 View Post
    Sportsmatch GC2
    Agree Daz I wonder what it could have evolved into over the years with a better trigger and regulator as technology advanced.

It's still a great bit of kit with a quality of manufacturing that puts a lot of modern rifles to shame.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by airgunwerks View Post
    Richard Spencer’s Genesis
    Exactly what I was thinking, shame it never took off.

Missed manufacturer

Giffard

Falcon. Bought one a while back, had a bodged exhaust valve. Wish they were still going, just cost me £70 from tr as he's the only one still making parts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Valentine View Post
    For me as well. The Rapid and the Evolution are both unbeatable rifles in my eyes. The Rapid is the Ak47 of the airgun world. Pig ugly and agricultural but built to last.
    Yet their customer service sucked and they went belly up when the owners retired. Several reincarnations sprouted and withered even though it was still the same concept. I had a .17u in a Paul Wilson FT stock and I loved it except for the truly shite triggers Theoben used for decades.
    Simple and agricultural but a solid rifle. I think they are robust and easliy fiddled and FAC they are good but so many other manufacturers have superceeded them. They claimed initiative but as far as I could see... the recipe is pretty much the same as it ever was.
    A fine 4ifle that lacks any finess and died as evolution sped past.
    But the triggers were really crap....
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

I miss Sharp Japanese air rifles (the Innova and Ace). Had a fair few over the years although I have sold them all regrettably 😞. I know a copy was brought out from Webley I think but I preferred the genuine Sharp Japanese models.

Webley?
    BSA?
    Theoben
    Park

The first two because we they just don't make enough here. more brand than home production..
    But then engineering and manufacture has to pay. Park gave up because they had better more profitable things to make.
    Support British made stuff as a lot of rifles need selling to cover the basic costs.

For me TITAN / FALCON

Although I aquired a rather ratty early FN19 in a ratty L/H TITAN stock about 3 weeks ago now fettled, rebuilt and stock refinished and boy does it shoot!!

Also always fancied one of John Whiscombes rifles, an absolute thing of beauty, but alas also no longer made!!