Thread: Sussex Armoury Jackal

Sussex Armoury Jackal

Hi there,

I was looking for a wee bit of info on these. I have had one come my way from a friend who is no longer shooting. It looks in pretty nice condition, .22 serial number 11011 though there is one screw/bolt at the front that doesn't look quite right.
    I was also wondering how much would one of these be these days?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4sZ3RpBF7e8rdzHg6

Thanks
    Garrick

that front bolt is not original.mine was a slotted screw

Pity the back sight is missing, they are fragile. You can get others that fit on the scope rail. This one was £170.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I'm not sure your definition of 'pretty nice' and mine are the same ... But other than the front bolt, from a collector's point of view - it looks as if its getting quite rust speckled, particularly on the cocking arm, the rear sling appears to cutting into the stock and the rear sight is missing.
    But on the plus side it's pretty complete and does have the optional dummy mag.
    So my guess would be £120-150

Looks completely original to me, that front stock screw is original too. The rear sight is missing but they can be sourced quite easily. There does appear to be some rust which Is a shame but it looks totally original otherwise. I'd agree with £120 to £150 being realistic in this condition as having a gun re-blacked /blued will likely cost around £80.

Quote Originally Posted by dougbunney View Post
    Looks completely original to me, that front stock screw is original too. The rear sight is missing but they can be sourced quite easily. There does appear to be some rust which Is a shame but it looks totally original otherwise. I'd agree with £120 to £150 being realistic in this condition as having a gun re-blacked /blued will likely cost around £80.
    I say that the stock screw is original as I have that similar one on my Sussex Armoury and agree with the pricing too.

Relics.org used to have the sights for sale if you want to keep one.

As for reblueing you could camo it cheaper, that's what I done on a few of mine

Regards
    Paddy
    BE-HAPPY-OK

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Sadly I believe relics.org got rid of all their parabellum stuff quite a while ago Paddy...

But Sussex Armoury branded tele's pop up the bay fairly regularly, but I'm not sure it'd be worth it if the OP is looking to dispose of it.

I have another complete one in pieces, was going to sell it at Kempton "as is".

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    I have a bag of new parabellum rear sights, and I may have a couple of fore-sights as well. £15 a set, including postage if you're interested, or £10 for a rear sight, and £5 for a front sight.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Sadly I believe relics.org got rid of all their parabellum stuff quite a while ago Paddy...

But Sussex Armoury branded tele's pop up the bay fairly regularly, but I'm not sure it'd be worth it if the OP is looking to dispose of it.
    Hi

Thanks for that, been a while since I have checked current status of all things 'jackal'. Busy with other stuff. Stopped snapping them up a few yrs ago
    BE-HAPPY-OK