Thread: Oaks Charity Shoot Bank Holiday Monday 27th May

Oaks Charity Shoot Bank Holiday Monday 27th May

Oaks Summer BH Pairs Charity Shoot 27th May
    We will be holding our annual May Bank Holiday Charity shoot on Monday 27th May, start time 10am with signing in and plink available from 8:30am. Safety brief at 9:50am – all shooters must attend.
    As before it will be a pairs shoot i.e. combined scores from teams of two shooters, the two shooters can coach each other as they shoot so a good chance for experienced shooters to coach less experienced or just less lucky competitors.
    There will be prizes for Open / Open pairs or Open / Recoil (or 0.22”) class

The fee will be £10 per person which gets you entry to the competition, a bacon sandwich at he start and a burger at the end plus one raffle ticket, more raffle tickets will be available to purchase on the day and details of the raffle prizes will be announced over the next few weeks.

All funds raised will go to Cancervive which is a charity set up to help the friends and family of cancer patients.

The whole idea of the day is to have some fun and raise funds for a very worthwhile cause.
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

How About

Charles , how about including a pairs 10meter catapult comp into it .... i can supply catapults for people to use . all shots into a catchbox so no ammo left on the floor , unless of course people miss the catchbox completely but even that can be sorted if needed .

Russ
    HW100 Hunting tool, HW97 Reaper Titanium Piston (The reaper of pcp souls) Sponsored by Greggs
    Grizzly Catapult Team , Ireland/Buxted HFT

I have found that there are some amazingly compassionate people within the HFT community and will ask that if you are not able to attend this shoot, please put some money in the collection pot that I will be carrying at any of the shoots that I attend between now and then. That way I can convey your generosity to the wonderful individuals that are helping others through probably the worst ordeal that they are going through in their lives.
    Thank you guys.
    Does anyone know how to contact doughnuts Anonymous cos I just cant seem to give them up and may be a 0 addict

Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex&Amy View Post
    I have found that there are some amazingly compassionate people within the HFT community and will ask that if you are not able to attend this shoot, please put some money in the collection pot that I will be carrying at any of the shoots that I attend between now and then. That way I can convey your generosity to the wonderful individuals that are helping others through probably the worst ordeal that they are going through in their lives.
    Thank you guys.
    Bravo sir...👍
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

kyboshed

Take it no one interested in my suggestion lol , now there a surprise !
    HW100 Hunting tool, HW97 Reaper Titanium Piston (The reaper of pcp souls) Sponsored by Greggs

Hi Russ
    May not be a bad idea - I think Lewis and Nik have been setting something up over the last few weeks.
    Can also have bell target for folk to have a go at.....m
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

Hi Russ
    May not be a bad idea - I think Lewis and Nik have been setting something up over the last few weeks.
    Can also have bell target for folk to have a go at.....

Happy Days

Quote Originally Posted by Charles44 View Post
    Hi Russ
    Can also have bell target for folk to have a go at.....
    Ok happy days lets do it , if you and Lewis want to chat about it , I'm sure one way or another i can get over to the Oaks one day to bounce ideas and sort it out.

It's for charity and a great one at that so I'm sure even the staunchest of HFT shooters will take part , it's all money in the pot

Quote Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
    Ok happy days lets do it , if you and Lewis want to chat about it , I'm sure one way or another i can get over to the Oaks one day to bounce ideas and sort it out.

It's for charity and a great one at that so I'm sure even the staunchest of HFT shooters will take part , it's all money in the pot
    nice one Russ, look forward to seeing you and the reaper on the day.
    Does anyone know how to contact doughnuts Anonymous cos I just cant seem to give them up and may be a 0 addict

Happy days

nice one Russ, look forward to seeing you and the reaper on the day.
    Happy days mate , wouldn't miss it ...make sure you tinker with that springer loads mate , there must be something you can find that's not right with it .

Quote Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
    Happy days mate , wouldn't miss it ...make sure you tinker with that springer loads mate , there must be something you can find that's not right with it .
    its ok mate, I've changed the transfer port and preload 3 times this week so I wont be getting another 56 this weekend. it did feel nice but 798 on the nationals chrono was a bit too close for me.

Course in the wood is all set and the field prepared for final touches tomorrow afternoon.
    Loads of nice raffle prizes so roll on Monday!

I have to pass this real blessing on as I went to Wendover HFT today and their generosity really choked me up as I asked if anybody wants to contribute to this great cause I had my collection pot with me. At the end they announced that all the golden bunny money today was being given to Cancervive and added another 20 quid too.
    What wonderful people we have in our community. Thanks very much to Wendover.

I have to pass this real blessing on as I went to Wendover HFT today and their generosity really choked me up as I asked if anybody wants to contribute to this great cause I had my collection pot with me. At the end they announced that all the golden bunny money today was being given to Cancervive and added another 20 quid too.
    What wonderful people we have in our community. Thanks very much to Wendover.
    Well done to folk at Wendover and of course Rex!

Charity shoot raffle prizes:
    Two sleeves of Air Arms Pellets
    Two Air Arms gun bags
    Three Air Arms Goody bags
    Python CO2 Revolver
    Steyr goody bag
    UKAHFT target tester
    1/2 Mutton (jointed and frozen)
    Bottles of wine
    Catapult
    Discovery scope
    Voucher for 10 rounds of next seasons Southern Hunters Series

You will get a raffle ticket included in your entry but can buy additional ones at £5 each

Plus the course is all set so it should be a good day - see you tomorrow