Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Diana disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    By the looks of the standard breech seal I think it works as part of the transfer port
    Nah, it's just a seal Jonathan --- and a piss poor one at that. :-

image.jpeg

The cocking link has to bend like a banana on the 52/54/56 because the seal is so hard, my idea is to use a softer seal so the seal gives instead of the cocking link.

I can't think of another sliding breech gun that relies on the linkage bending to achieve an airtight seal.

The only downside I can think of to using a Weihrauch seal is a slight increase in lost volume.

I'll try to have a play tomorrow and get back to you --- unless Nick beats me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Nah, it's just a seal Jonathan --- and a piss poor one at that. :-

image.jpeg

The cocking link has to bend like a banana on the 52/54/56 because the seal is so hard, my idea is to use a softer seal so the seal gives instead of the cocking link.

I can't think of another sliding breech gun that relies on the linkage bending to achieve an airtight seal.

The only downside I can think of to using a Weihrauch seal is a slight increase in lost volume.

I'll try to have a play tomorrow and get back to you --- unless Nick beats me to it.
    Hi Mick, when I tried softer seals in mine they seemed to squidge up and block the tp. 😱
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Hi Mick, when I tried softer seals in mine they seemed to squidge up and block the tp. 😱
    I'm hoping the wider hole in the Weihrauch seal avoids this by forming into a V section in the cylinder end --- if you get what I mean ?

Thumbs up

They do different thickness hard nylon Diana seals that’s why I mentioned the transfer port dimensions
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    sounds like a sh!t design...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    They do different thickness hard nylon Diana seals that’s why I mentioned the transfer port dimensions
    You are right joffy if you fit a soft thick seal It will just squash and affect the TP , the seal has to be the right fit to work right if you have the correct thickness seal it can not over squash, If Terry Robb still does the seals they are the correct thickness also they are almost indestructible.

On the 52 and other sliding breech springers the lock up should not be to tight as its the compression from the piston that pushes the cylinder tight on the seal when the gun is fired, that includes the TX its better to have a little play in the shoe the HW with its tight fit can and does get cracked and broken cocking links.
    The cocking rod on the 52 and other Diana sideleavers is mostly a spring to keep the leaver closed, you can see here how bendy it is

seals

do vortek sell the seal

T,R, Robb

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    You are right joffy if you fit a soft thick seal It will just squash and affect the TP , the seal has to be the right fit to work right if you have the correct thickness seal it can not over squash, If Terry Robb still does the seals they are the correct thickness also they are almost indestructible.

On the 52 and other sliding breech springers the lock up should not be to tight as its the compression from the piston that pushes the cylinder tight on the seal when the gun is fired, that includes the TX its better to have a little play in the shoe the HW with its tight fit can and does get cracked and broken cocking links.
    The cocking rod on the 52 and other Diana sideleavers is mostly a spring to keep the leaver closed, you can see here how bendy it is

Yup still using the Robb transfer seals in my side leaves variants ,faultless they were a good quality softer alternative.
    If I'm honest I havnt had issues with any of the rws o.m transfer seals or main seals even in the earliest of them unless from poor ajustment or careless refit..

I don't store my side leaver rifles in the locked up leaver position though .

I did play around with o ring and ptfe shim too ,worked v well and easier to remove and replace with a bent needle .

Never seen a cocking rod bent concave to the action , seen a few more convex though .

Quote Originally Posted by gunstock View Post
    do vortek sell the seal
    Yes :- http://vortekproducts.com/ourstore/A...48-Breech-Seal

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by original45 View Post

Never seen a cocking rod bent concave to the action , seen a few more convex though .
    That happens when someone tries to close the leaver without releasing the ABT

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Ok, this barrel weight/mod does not want to come off!
    I have tried heat, a lot of heat! I then added molegrips and pulled a muscle in my shoulder. I have some opens here courtesy of Eyebull that I really want to fit. Next stage is getting the barrel into the lathe and teaching it a lesson. Is the barrel removable?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Is the barrel removable?
    Not easily, Nick --- there are a few posts on the Dianawerk forum describing the process.

Weihrauch HW35 seal will fit in Jonathan --- not tried it yet though.

No
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    No
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Well that's saved me £3.50 then.

Let's move swiftly onto Pistons :-

image.jpg

Left to right, D52 T01, Walther LGV, TX200 MK3 --- LGV looks like the winner.

I'm now wondering if the LGV for the German market has a longer latch rod for a shorter stroke ?

Well that's saved me £3.50 then.

Let's move swiftly onto Pistons :-

image.jpg

Left to right, D52 T01, Walther LGV, TX200 MK3 --- LGV looks like the winner.

I'm now wondering if the LGV for the German market has a longer latch rod for a shorter stroke ?
    I could only find a uk spec one, but I think the EU is best