Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Diana disappointment

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Look what I invented!

I'm going to call it a breech seal. I don't mind if you copy, just credit me when you do.

I'm off to try my new invention on this damn moderator. I shall call it a hacksaw

[IMG][/IMG]
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Look what I invented!

I'm going to call it a breech seal. I don't mind if you copy, just credit me when you do.

I'm off to try my new invention on this damn moderator. I shall call it a hacksaw

[IMG][/IMG]

I invented it first --- bung me a couple of quid for each one you sell and we'll say no more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Nick,
    Any tips on how you found this T01 trigger to adjust? I have a Diana 24d at home and the configuration of the trigger assembly is somewhat different to previous T01's I've had. The only advice I have gleaned on adjustment seems to be wind the first screw fully in and then wind the second screw out in quarter turns to get the desired release and second stage.
    Now this is really interesting as I recently bought a Diana 24 which is stamped Airwolf. I understood it might have a TO1 trigger but I don't see any adjusting screw let alone two. The pull weight is frightening but when you get used to that it is incredibly accurate, or perhaps I should say consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
    Now this is really interesting as I recently bought a Diana 24 which is stamped Airwolf. I understood it might have a TO1 trigger but I don't see any adjusting screw let alone two. The pull weight is frightening but when you get used to that it is incredibly accurate, or perhaps I should say consistent.
    Airwolf was the version marketed by Webley from 1985-89. It has a simple trigger (also used in the first model 34s), not the “TO1” one. From memory, it may be adjustable for pull length, but not weight.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Much sodding around later.....

I finally got the mod off using patience, perseverence and a lathe. It's a handsome beast with the opens back in place!

I fitted the breech seal with a small oring behind for some crushy goodness, the TP is 3mm which is larger than the restrictor washer was so the power was somewhat enthusuastic. I took two coils off the spring and ended up with zero preload, still OTT. Took another coil off and brought it back to zero preload with shims and it is now at 11.8 with the most efficient pellet. Still close, but legal, and fine until I do a proper job on it. The movement in the sled is down from 11.5 to 8.5mm which isn't bad for the weight crashing around in there either.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by tinbum; 20-04-2019 at 06:09 PM.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
    The model 24 had two variations, the d model had the t01 I believe.

It had at least five or six variations. As you say, the D had a 3-ball trigger. The ones sold as the Webley Airwolf didn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    It had at least five or six variations. As you say, the D had a 3-ball trigger. The ones sold as the Webley Airwolf didn’t.
    Yep, I have a 24D with the T01 trigger.

Once adjusted, very crisp and positive and the little rifle itself extremely forgiving and very accurate, at least at the short ranges I've tried it at.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Very well done on the work, Nick.

That's quite a short sight base, though........still think you'd have been better off with a 35E.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Much sodding around later.....

I finally got the mod off using patience, perseverence and a lathe. It's a handsome beast with the opens back in place!

I fitted the breech seal with a small oring behind for some crushy goodness, the TP is 3mm which is larger than the restrictor washer was so the power was somewhat enthusuastic. I took two coils off the spring and ended up with zero preload, still OTT. Took another coil off and brought it back to zero preload with shims and it is now at 11.8 with the most efficient pellet. Still close, but legal, and fine until I do a proper job on it. The movement in the sled is down from 11.5 to 8.5mm which isn't bad for the weight crashing around in there either.

[IMG][/IMG]

Good stuff, glad you got them in time for the weekend - if the quigley bucket has any sense it's shaking in its boots
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Yes, there must be at least that number. Amongst mine is a 24 Firebird with the T01 type trigger, although it is not stamped as such, only Firebird 24J. It's an excellent junior rifle as it actually fits junior hands as well as mine.
    I'm almost certain that the Webley Airwolf trigger has no adjustment. The early Original/ Dianas on which its based had none, anyway. Once cleaned and relubed, I find these good also. With practice you can run the T01 24s close.

Thanks for the info re Diana 24's aka Air Wolf. It explains the conflicting info I have come across. it's a fun little rifle and gets me into 'budget' springer competitions with better than expected results.
    Cheers
    Dagwood