Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Diana disappointment

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    Personally to me, an open sighted springer, is a medium or lightweight break barrel jobbie - so if not HW - Cometa 400, Diana 31/34 compact and variants, maybe a Walther Terrus (though I'm not convinced about the Walthers) .....
    Not tried the Terrus, but for all its faults my LGV Comp Ultra is the only springer I didn't have to dick about with to get it shooting right. It's the one I pick up when I really want to hit stuff.

The best thing about getting a 54 Airking was that it made the LGV feel lightweight by comparison
    I did fit a bipod to the 54 (thanks to TB), but I think it may need wheels instead...
    Good deals with these members

I reckon the must have accessory for that beast would be a gunbearer

No idea on removing the muzzle weight, but a very interesting bit of kit. Look forward to hearing your impressions of it.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    I reckon the must have accessory for that beast would be a gunbearer
    Your gunbearer could also provide the requisite third hand for loading too
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    It has the T01 Mick, it's a 1987 vintage. Second stage is heavy but not got to the bottom of adjusting it yet.
    Once properly adjusted, the T01 trigger is a good one, Nick.

Think along the lines of a CD trigger, where you want the first stage to do most of the work.

I'm sure Barry will be along with some helpful, explanatory pictures soon. If not, plenty of information in webland.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Once properly adjusted, the T01 trigger is a good one, Nick.

Think along the lines of a CD trigger, where you want the first stage to do most of the work.

I'm sure Barry will be along with some helpful, explanatory pictures soon. If not, plenty of information in webland.
    I agree re. the T01 on both counts. I didn't think the 54 was released until well after 87. This would have been hot on the heels of the 52 and I didn't think it was. You can't argue with a date stamp, though.
    Modern classic in my opinion and we'll worth picking up for the something different theme or at anytime. Interesting that most folk want to go the mod/ barrelweight route on these, not back the other way. I do love opens myself though.

I had a 54 Air King and a 52 both were sleeved down to 22mm and a skirtless piston fitted.
    The 54 only moved 4 or 5mm on the sled
    They were a joy to shoot.
    The 52 had an anschutz rapid barrel fitted very accurate rifle

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    I agree re. the T01 on both counts. I didn't think the 54 was released until well after 87. This would have been hot on the heels of the 52 and I didn't think it was. You can't argue with a date stamp, though.
    Modern classic in my opinion and we'll worth picking up for the something different theme or at anytime. Interesting that most folk want to go the mod/ barrelweight route on these, not back the other way. I do love opens myself though.
    You could well be right, the stamp is a bit iffy

[IMG][/IMG]
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by valboskie View Post
    I had a 54 Air King and a 52 both were sleeved down to 22mm and a skirtless piston fitted.
    The 54 only moved 4 or 5mm on the sled
    They were a joy to shoot.
    The 52 had an anschutz rapid barrel fitted very accurate rifle
    I had considered that as I have some 22mm sets in my scrap bin, but I'm gonna try a proper 25mm piston first

Nick,
    Any tips on how you found this T01 trigger to adjust? I have a Diana 24d at home and the configuration of the trigger assembly is somewhat different to previous T01's I've had. The only advice I have gleaned on adjustment seems to be wind the first screw fully in and then wind the second screw out in quarter turns to get the desired release and second stage.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Nick,
    Any tips on how you found this T01 trigger to adjust? I have a Diana 24d at home and the configuration of the trigger assembly is somewhat different to previous T01's I've had. The only advice I have gleaned on adjustment seems to be wind the first screw fully in and then wind the second screw out in quarter turns to get the desired release and second stage.
    No, I'm trying what you said now!

No, I'm trying what you said now!
    I'll probably be trying it when I get home, unless you provide suitable tales of woe (or photo evidence of incurred injuries) - in which case, my comments were only meant to stimulate discussion and weren't an instruction!

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    I'll probably be trying it when I get home, unless you provide suitable tales of woe (or photo evidence of incurred injuries) - in which case, my comments were only meant to stimulate discussion and weren't an instruction!
    I got the trigger creep,free with a decent first stage, but I can't reduce the weight

You could well be right, the stamp is a bit iffy

[IMG][URL="https://postimg.cc/YhM7JwBQ"][/HELLO][/IMG]
    Hi to my eyes it looks more like a nine so would be 01 97. It looks like it has been over struck to me Graham.

Try here.

www.eddiecolwell.tzo.com/rws-54.htm

He's having server problems but should be back up and running Monday
    Last edited by joffy; 18-04-2019 at 11:51 AM.
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive