Thread: Regular Rapid users.

Regular Rapid users.

I was quite late to join the Rapid revolution, always resisted the urge to buy one, but since taking a Tyrolean stocked Mk1 as a part ex against a HW100 I've gotten the bug.
    My latest purchase is a Mk2 in the .20 cal, which joins my Mk2 FAC along with the Mk1 .22 Tyrolean stock.
    This .20 is really impressing, good groups with JSB and super consistency. The rifle came with a period simmons 6-18x40 pro air which i think were a Theoben recommended scope at the time when it was made - 2002.
    Is it ultra quiet? - no, does the bolt clank? - yes, is it bit of a lump - yes, but you know what, they are great.
    Many of you fellas use them as your main hunting choice?

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    MFR for me in .177.

Early one with MFR on the block.

Bought it new but was totally inaccurate.

After a new barrel under warranty it has been faultless.
    Master Debater

My Mk1 R7 is running at 30ft lbs in .22, flat flying and hard hitting!!! Just the job
    Had it for 19 years now and never missed a beat. Ultra reliable and comfortable to use, beautifully ugly and agricultural but dead on accurate!!!!
    Modified the Gamo lousy trigger with a Charlie Tuna item and a vast improvement plus a UKNeil vortex
    What isn't there to love about them

For me my favourite springer is the HW80 and PCP the R7
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

MFR hybrid in .20 skinny, shrouded barrel loves FTT hates JSB, mk2 .25 FAC loves JSB hates every other pellet made.
    Rapids just feel "right" when you shoulder them.

The Simmons Pro Air were a cracking scope.

Probably quite heavy by today's standards but there won't be much in the sensible money market that beats them optically.

The old aetecs and wtc's were the same. I loved my old aetec and wore it on a mk1 rapid with pride for years.

My current (early) mk1 factory fac has got a 4-12x vortex diamondback up top which is a worthy little scope as well.

Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    I was quite late to join the Rapid revolution, always resisted the urge to buy one, but since taking a Tyrolean stocked Mk1 as a part ex against a HW100 I've gotten the bug.
    My latest purchase is a Mk2 in the .20 cal, which joins my Mk2 FAC along with the Mk1 .22 Tyrolean stock.
    This .20 is really impressing, good groups with JSB and super consistency. The rifle came with a period simmons 6-18x40 pro air which i think were a Theoben recommended scope at the time when it was made - 2002.
    Is it ultra quiet? - no, does the bolt clank? - yes, is it bit of a lump - yes, but you know what, they are great.
    Landed up with 4 again myself, I am struggling to use at moment but hopefully get out soon with them,

I have an FAC mk2 Anschutz in .22 running at 38ft/lbs ish with a Mamba lite. So good it’s boring but it is a tool at the end of the day.

I have a few and to me its the ultimate tinkering gun, can be any cal within 10mins (barrel and probe swap) can be customised in any way you can think of and is pretty much bubba proof!! The Raw range of guns which are/were manufactured by an ex Theoben MD in the states are what I would consider the Rapid MK3 and are also excellent guns and just as customisable and easy to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    Careful fella - 3 will soon become 4, if you start buying extra bits to try. As Guy says, very good to work on and you’ll soon end up with more, but why not - they are awesome! And can be made very quiet with the right internals and decent moddy. I found that .20 rapids also like Crosman pellets. Slightly heavier than JSB, but at FAC power levels, makes little difference imo - 20 is still nice and flat firing traj
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'