Thread: Pleased with TBT AA Prosport Pro Kit

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Pleased with TBT AA Prosport Pro Kit

For a long while I resisted replacing my steel mechanisms with plastic tuning parts, as it just didn't seem right, but I took the plunge following sage advice and encouragement from Nick at TBT.

I've a few springers, but opted to try the 'TBT Prosport Pro Kit', primarily because AA springers are easy to dismantle, but also because my .177 Prosport had harsher recoil than my other rifles.

Fitting was straight forward, but I took my time and I'm pleased with the outcome. The firing cycle seems faster, quieter, twangless and although recoil remains sharp, it's over quicker. To describe recoil another way, it feels like a centrefire rifle or shotgun swift kick into the shoulder, rather than a typical springer jumping all over the place, if that makes sense?

In summary, the rifle is faster, more comfortable to shoot and retains it's pinpoint accuracy, so I'm happy.

TBT have converted me (I'm sure purists would say corrupted me) and I look forward to purchasing Pro Kits for my HW97 and HW80.

Thanks Nick.
    Last edited by Saxmaniac; 17-04-2019 at 05:07 PM.