Thread: Pleased with TBT AA Prosport Pro Kit

Thumbs up Pleased with TBT AA Prosport Pro Kit

For a long while I resisted replacing my steel mechanisms with plastic tuning parts, as it just didn't seem right, but I took the plunge following sage advice and encouragement from Nick at TBT.

I've a few springers, but opted to try the 'TBT Prosport Pro Kit', primarily because AA springers are easy to dismantle, but also because my .177 Prosport had harsher recoil than my other rifles.

Fitting was straight forward, but I took my time and I'm pleased with the outcome. The firing cycle seems faster, quieter, twangless and although recoil remains sharp, it's over quicker. To describe recoil another way, it feels like a centrefire rifle or shotgun swift kick into the shoulder, rather than a typical springer jumping all over the place, if that makes sense?

In summary, the rifle is faster, more comfortable to shoot and retains it's pinpoint accuracy, so I'm happy.

TBT have converted me (I'm sure purists would say corrupted me) and I look forward to purchasing Pro Kits for my HW97 and HW80.

Thanks Nick.
    Last edited by Saxmaniac; 17-04-2019 at 05:07 PM.

Good aren't they
    . I do like Nicks kits - such a simple idea that works so well.

Welcome to the world of 'pissing about with your springer'- good luck with never taking it apart again

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    Good aren't they
    . I do like Nicks kits - such a simple idea that works so well.

Welcome to the world of 'pissing about with your springer'- good luck with never taking it apart again
    Sadly, I’m sure you’re right, never satisfied are we

Quote Originally Posted by Saxmaniac View Post
    Sadly, I’m sure you’re right, never satisfied are we
    Nope

And, therein lies this the the enjoyment and the beauty 👍

All of the above.

By the nature reserve, in the Great Outwood, Wakef
    I’ve got one of Nicks kits in my 95. An absolute doddle to fit (polishing the internals took the most time) and now it’s settled down it’s a joy to shoot. Predictable recoil, smooth as silk and no twang whatsoever.