Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Webly Junior 45-58 extended grips

Webly Junior 45-58 extended grips

Hi everyone, I have what I think is a 1945-58 .177 smooth bore pistol. I will post a pic. It’s in used condition but has the extended grips. Am I correct and appreciate its very average condition what would it be worth ? Many thanks

Pics

Can I post pics direct on here now or does it have to go through a host site ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamjohn View Post
    Can I post pics direct on here now or does it have to go through a host site ?
    Will have a look thanks.
    https://www.walnut.black

Looks like someone in the past has spray painted it black? In that condition I would say £30-£50 . If it had the original bluing showing £60-£80 range. In original box £120-£150 maybe. Of course, if you can find someone that REALLY wants it, they might pay more.

Lakey

Never heard the term extended grips used for this model. Is that a usual designation ?

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    Looks like someone in the past has spray painted it black? In that condition I would say £30-£50 . . Of course, if you can find someone that REALLY wants it, they might pay more.

Lakey
    I'd mainly agree on this, maybe £35-£50. With things of this sort of age and condition,paying more could be end up costing a fair bit more than buying a slightly better pistol.
    I am NOT saying there is anything wrong with the pistol, but it could need a new mainspring, piston washer and breech seal----AND I have found that a lot of Webley pistols need a new cocking link as they are so worn over the years.
    However the bits mentioned could all still have a bit of life in them and it would be a good fun gun in that sort of price range.
    If it were mine---I'd keep it and enjoy it for the next (oh bugger the thing would out last me!) 60 years.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Here is one from my collection, the box is a modern reproduction.

https://s347.photobucket.com/user/Ho...ray&sort=1&o=0
    Last edited by Holton; 20-04-2019 at 07:16 PM.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Is the barrel bent or is that an artifact of the photo being taken at close range?

FWIW I think you would be better off keeping this one for yourself rather than trying to sell. What you will get for it will not match the enjoyment you will have shooting it.
    Good deals with these members

Benelli B76;7676585]Never heard the term extended grips used for this model. Is that a usual designation ?

Baz
    Yes Baz, that is the correct description for this model.
    Here is a picture - courtesy of a 1995 John Atkins article - showing the tin grip, extended grip and standard grip Juniors:

1945 to 1951? if I remember correctly...

I have seen photos of these unusual grips as they have an extended piece at the top rather than virtual the same width as the grip. No idea of its history as it was given to me

It`s good fun to shoot darts from these smoothbore Juniors.

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamjohn View Post
    I have seen photos of these unusual grips as they have an extended piece at the top rather than virtual the same width as the grip. No idea of its history as it was given to me
    They also have coarser cross hatching on the grip than the standard model.

Quote Originally Posted by Holton View Post
    It`s good fun to shoot darts from these smoothbore Juniors.
    I will try the darts as it came with some, I may keep it but then again I’m into FAC now