Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What chronographs are people using

What chronographs are people using

In the market of buying a new chronograph and was wondering what chronograph are people using

I have a Caldwell ballistics chronograh, it can be linked to a smartphone to record all the details.

It doesn't get used much now except for shot strings as I bought a Chinese one for under £20 that works in my workshop under the fluorescent lights.
    The Caldwell only works outside unless you pay £80 for the lighting kit.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Combro, every time. Cheap, convenient and brilliant after sales service if you do something silly, the perfect tool for the average shooter.

I'm using a Combro as well - it's served me well on all sorts of rifles for the last 4yrs 👍

All of the above.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    F1.

In its 15 th year!
    Master Debater

Skan
    It’s what the police use
    So they say
    Hw100bp
    Hw77
    Artemis pp750

Just got a cheapy from flea bay (£18) off the back of a thread on here. Probs the best chrono I've ever had. Compact accurate shoot through unlike the Combros which I keep shooting. Only downside it measures in metres per second not feet.Chris

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Just got a cheapy from flea bay (£18) off the back of a thread on here. Probs the best chrono I've ever had. Compact accurate shoot through unlike the Combros which I keep shooting. Only downside it measures in metres per second not feet.Chris

Chris
    Me too .
    But have you noticed that they are not keen on bright light ?
    Excellent in the shed , garage , workshop etc , but if outdoors use in the shade.

Target Tronics PM1, had it donkey's years, never missed a beat. Unfortunately they are no longer available but you may be able to find a second hand one

Combro for me too easy to use just fit to moderator with a velcro strap .. had mine for 3 yrs no problems at all .. broke it by knocking against shed door but a quick visit to there website and had a replacement cover next day .Excellent service
    Missed Again ! .... I Was On Him !!!!!

Skan, used in a custom built mount clamped in a vice in the garage when needed. Easy to use in all weathers and all light conditions.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
    Me too .
    But have you noticed that they are not keen on bright light ?
    Excellent in the shed , garage , workshop etc , but if outdoors use in the shade.
    Only used mine in the garage bud, thanks for the tip though I will bare this in mind

None at the moment, but I will be using the new FX chrony as soon as it arrives in stock with our BBS sponsor!

https://www.jsramsbottom.com/new-fx-...ronoscope.html

Competition Electronics Pro-Chrono Digital. Because it can hold such a large amount of shot data (9 strings of 99 shots).

It doesn't work out ftlb (unless you use the pc interface) so once it gives you the average velocity you do the maths, but equally that means you don't waste a session because you forgot to change the pellet/bullet weight.
    With the PC interface you set the projectile weight & it does everything.

Had a combro, excellent for the money but can be difficult to fit to some guns, Had an F1, shot it first time out .

Why are you drooling? It's disturbing!