Thread: hw85k mk1

hw85k mk1

i have a.22 cal mk1 85. could any one tell me if they ever did a walnut stocked example. because the one i have as a stunning piece of wood.and is original to the gun.made in 1990..

Hw85

The only walnut stock HW did for the 85 is the rare factory Tryolean version. A pic would help let you know what stock you have. Mach 1.5

As yours is a 1990 model I would say its most likely just a nice Beech Deluxe version.

Is this going to turn into one of those "I have just picked up a full custom venom rifle for tuppence hapenny" threads?

Please can we have a picture.
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

no just a genuine question.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    The only walnut stock HW did for the 85 is the rare factory Tryolean version. A pic would help let you know what stock you have. Mach 1.5
    Has anyone ever seen a factory HW85T stock in the flesh ?

The article by Eddie Barber in AGW is the only mention I have seen for this option.

I have factory T stocks on 80, 77 and 55 but the 85 really is rocking horse *hit.

I wonder if any more than the test gun were imported by Hull Cartridge ?

Quote Originally Posted by dessyb View Post
    no just a genuine question.
    Don't worry I don't begrudge anyone landing on a bargain
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Now I want to see a picture

85t

I dare say there was no interest in the 80s for a HW85T. Weihrauch struggled to sell the 85 back then and a T model would have been about £80 more than the base model if production of the 80T and 77T are anything to go by. It seems once the 80 and 77 were introduced a light weight alternative wasn't the answer for some reason. How times have changed!. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    I dare say there was no interest in the 80s for a HW85T. Weihrauch struggled to sell the 85 back then and a T model would have been about £80 more than the base model if production of the 80T and 77T are anything to go by. It seems once the 80 and 77 were introduced a light weight alternative wasn't the answer for some reason. How times have changed!. Mach 1.5
    Agreed. The original 85 bombed in the U.K.

The 80 was the break-barrel everyone wanted (John Darling had a hand in that) and the 85 competed with it and the 77, which was the rifle any serious (or fashionable) shooter had to own from around 1984-5 (and for good reason).

The 85’s lack of success in the U.K. mirrored the Webley Omega’s and the later FWB Sport’s. I see more Omegas on sale (maybe a patriotic thing?) than the HW or post-84 FWBs. If there was an 85T, I can’t recall ever hearing about it, or seeing one.

It also failed, as the Beeman R10, to make much impression in the States. People just kept buying the HW80 (Beeman R1) instead.